Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are my chances of a speed awareness course?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
HeyTMpC
Hi all, I'm really new to this site so I apologise if I sound a bit needy/thick. I have recently received a NIP from rhos on sea, Conwy in North Wales. I was apparantly doing 35 in a 30 down the promenade and caught by a mobile speed camera. I have never drove here before and the sun was blinding as it was setting on a particularly sunny day. I was wondering what my chances are firstly of receiving a speed awareness course in this particular area and also if I have any rights in regards to mitigation due to the time of day and my experience on these roads as I didn't see any signs. Also if I send any attached letters with the forms I need to return will this aid my case to getting placed on a speed awareness course?

All advice is appreciated, thanks in advance!
Kickaha
You should be offered a course for that speed, providing you respond in good time and you have not done one in the last 3 years.

The criteria for offering a course are strictly adhered to, so sending them a letter will not help.

I recommend that you fill in the form (ensure you sign it) take a copy of it and post it without delay. When posting it get proof of posting (free from the post office).
Jlc
No signs are required (other than at the start of the limit) as there's a system of street lighting making it a restricted limit of 30mph.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.