Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: question from newbee
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
scrounger
good afternoon all,

here is a quick one for you.

my wife was travelling home from work on sunday at about 2330. about 2 mins into her journey on a road that is not very well lit, she saw a police speed camera on a tripod, with 2 officers wearing yellow jackets. it was not until she was about 50 yrds away that they became apparant when the car head lights illuminated the jackets.

there was no sign of a police car, the officers were on the footpath on the opporsite side of the road.

she was travelling in a 30 zone and doing about 35, so she says.

are these type of cameras effective in the dark? and if not, does she have a case to contest??
Mars
sounds like 2 jokers fooling about,

wait and see if anything comes, and if it does, post here
smeggy
QUOTE (scrounger @ Tue, 7 Mar 2006 - 12:34) *
are these type of cameras effective in the dark?

Yes.
QUOTE (scrounger @ Tue, 7 Mar 2006 - 12:34) *
does she have a case to contest??

From what you’ve said: no (although the subsequent evidence may prove otherwise)

Speedos almost always over-read so she might have been under the prosecution threshold; she’ll have to wait the standard 14 days before she can sleep easy (assuming she is correctly registered as the registered keeper).
scrounger
QUOTE (Mars @ Wed, 8 Mar 2006 - 00:20) *
sounds like 2 jokers fooling about,

wait and see if anything comes, and if it does, post here

well, havent heard anything yet.

is there a time period before i should hear anythying???
Rallyman72
[quote] (scrounger @ Tue, 7 Mar 2006 - 12:34)
are these type of cameras effective in the dark? [/quote]
Yes.
[quote name='scrounger' post='97790' date='Tue, 7 Mar 2006 - 12:34']
does she have a case to contest??[/quote]
From what you’ve said: no (although the subsequent evidence may prove otherwise)

Speedos almost always over-read so she might have been under the prosecution threshold; she’ll have to wait the standard 14 days before she can sleep easy (assuming she is correctly registered as the registered keeper).[/quote]
As it says - 14 days - this is from the date of the offence.
scrounger
Speedos almost always over-read so she might have been under the prosecution threshold; she’ll have to wait the standard 14 days before she can sleep easy (assuming she is correctly registered as the registered keeper).[/quote]
As it says - 14 days - this is from the date of the offence.
[/quote]

dear Rallyman,

the date was the 5th March, and it is now 21st. does this mean she is in the clear, or should she still jump up every time the post man comes??
smeggy
QUOTE (scrounger @ Tue, 21 Mar 2006 - 15:18) *
the date was the 5th March, and it is now 21st. does this mean she is in the clear, or should she still jump up every time the post man comes??

In theory yes!

As I alluded to previously, is she (or you) the registered keeper of the car, or is it a company, hire, friends/relative's car?
scrounger
QUOTE (smeggy @ Wed, 22 Mar 2006 - 03:29) *
QUOTE (scrounger @ Tue, 21 Mar 2006 - 15:18) *

In theory yes!

As I alluded to previously, is she (or you) the registered keeper of the car, or is it a company, hire, friends/relative's car?

she is the registered owner and keeper of the car
scrounger
still nothing.

looks like she might have got away with it, or did I speak too soon!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.