Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Average Speed Checks
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Daniel.Day
Hello newbiee here, some people know in the local area there is a average speed check cameras, on the A120, at the 'Elmstead Market' turn off, I was doing 48 mph on the way back and just touched 50 just before the last camera. before i reduced my speed a little. Also, on the A12 I was touching 70mph, and in between cameras i touched 72mph, but had to reduced my speed to 65-67mph before the next camera. I am only in my first year in driving...

Any advise please.

BaggieBoy
What were the limits on these two roads?
Daniel.Day
from the Clacton turn off its 50mph to Horseley Cross roundabout and on the A12 its 70mph
southpaw82
If your average speed was 57mph or more you face prosecution. That's as far as anyone can go.
Daniel.Day
it was 48mph, i traveled at so what would the 'average speed' be? Ive done this in the past...
Jlc
QUOTE (Daniel.Day @ Sun, 21 Jun 2015 - 20:06) *
it was 48mph, i traveled at so what would the 'average speed' be? Ive done this in the past...

If you maintained that speed then the average would be 48mph. Even if you speed up for the last bit then the average wouldn't increase significantly - not enough to hit the enforcement threshold of 57.

On the 70 you'd need to average 79 or more to be caught.

Looks like you've got nothing to worry about.
The Rookie
Just to be clear, as some drivers are confused, the average speed cameras don't measure your speed at each camera and average it, they time you between two cameras a known distance apart and calculate the speed, so speeding up a bit won't change the average much, not the best way for a new driver to keep their licence though!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.