Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NIP after 3 months
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
walker0609
Hi everyone, 1st post so bare with me.....

I received a NIP on the 16/06/2015 dated 10/06/2015 for an alleged speeding offence on the 21/03/2015 where by the speed was
58mph in a 50mph zone. I purchased the car on the 14/03/15 and the DVLA processed the logbook on the 10/04/2015 so I am
confused as to what to do, I do not remember that journey nor do I recall speeding at all. I am a driver who had a telematics box
fitted to my 1st car and then this car(after the alleged offence) which shows I am a responsible driver and I have seen something
regarding a 14 day period and NIP's and seen a few people with some knowledge on here so I joined up in the hope someone be able
to help me out. I am a newish driver(just over 1 year) and really don't understand it all.

Please help and thanks in advance
NeverMind
The NIP has to be with the registered keeper (on the V5) within 14 days. At the time of the offence, it looks like the previous owner would still have been down as the keeper so as long as they got the NIP within 14 days it's fine, and there is no such time limit on subsequent notifications, sorry.

You must respond to the NIP within 28 days, but before doing so, you could maybe ask for "photos to assist in the identification of the driver" ... if they provide them, they could jog your memory...
Jlc
QUOTE (walker0609 @ Fri, 19 Jun 2015 - 14:08) *
Hi everyone, 1st post so bare with me.....
I'll keep my clothes on thanks. laugh.gif

QUOTE (walker0609 @ Fri, 19 Jun 2015 - 14:08) *
which shows I am a responsible driver
That may be true but it appears you exceeded the limit.

If you respond quickly you may be able to take an awareness course to avoid the points.

You can ask for the photo's/prevaricate but this may limit the ability to take the course. (As a 'new driver' you want to avoid points)

The dates you give seem to explain why the NIP was 'late'. (as the DVLA didn't have your details when they asked for the registered keeper at the date of offence)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.