Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: M25 Oops
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Ohnoihopenot
Hi! For years I've travelled M3 to A2 anti clockwise. I sit, traffic dependant, at 80 - 85 and think nothing of it, last traveled before December 2014.
Yesterday did so, joined at M3 M25 Jcn, traffic was light, sat at 85 for most of the way coming off at J2 for A2.
Since then Ive become aware that more cameras are now live and also Hadecs discreetly located and I'm concerned im going to get one or maybe more Nips for excess speed.
First question am I worrying unduly?
Second question if not and I've triggered a min of 4 cameras I guess I will get 12 points and banned?
Any sensible advice more than welcome
Jlc
Yup, the M25 is very closely, and discreetly in some parts, monitored.

Enforcement beings at 79mph so you may well have been picked up, possibly more than once.

Hitting 12 points makes you a totter and would be a ban of 6 months. (there is the possibility of an exceptional hardship plea to reduce that)

A course to avoid points would be offered up to 86mph but can only be taken for one offence.

There's a possibility that you could argue one 'continuous' offence but it will depend on the nature and location of any pings.

If you are the RK then 14 days to wait and see what arrives...

You asked for sensible advice - 'cruising' at 85mph is going to see some attention.
Ohnoihopenot
I'm the rk so I fear the worst here
Jlc
Nothing you can do and wait and see what, if anything, arrives...
Ohnoihopenot
14 days incl weekends and bank hols or 14 working days mon to fri?
Jlc
14 elapsed calendar days, including weekends.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.