Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Truvelo Confusion
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
doritos123
Driving last night in a 30 zone, and got flashed by a front facing Truvelo, I was doing around 36mph. I've been told that Truvelo cameras can't flash as they're front facing, yet I saw a single flash almost as bright as a Gatso, just with a purple tint.

This is the camera in question.
http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/database/SEK/sek074.htm

Does this mean I'm going to receive a NIP? And if I'm lucky, does anyone here live close to or drive past this camera regularly and know that it's run out of film or something? I'm just really nervous, thanks in advance.
BaggieBoy
Whoever told you they don't flash, is mistaken. They have a magenta filter to reduce the brightness of the flash...but they flash. You will have to wait 14 days to find out (assuming you are the RK etc.).
walid
Aren't they digital storage?
BaggieBoy
BTW that site is just plain wrong, Travel cameras can use infra red but these are not approved to be used in the UK.

Can be either wet film or digital.
Jlc
Almost certain you have been caught and will hear.

They most definitely work as 'front facing' and are approved as such.

They work by buried sensors that measure the speed (twice) and then calculates a delay to reach the corroboration marks on the floor and then a single photo is taken.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.