Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [NIP Wizard] NIP- Accept Speed Awareness Course?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
thorien
NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? -
Date of the offence: - April 2015
Date of the NIP: - 4 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 5 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - A5183 Elstree Hill South, North of Sullivan Way Southbound Elstree, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Was the NIP addressed to you? - No
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - Not known
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? - Spouse's car, I'm a named driver on the policy
How many current points do you have? - 3
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - Travelling down the hill towards a 40 mph sign, must have been a mobile camera unit near the change point. No other speed limit signs before that.
Apparently photographic and/or video evidence that I was traveling at 42mph in a 30mph zone (just before the change in allowed speed point). Was on my way to the hospital and tbh don't recall even seeing the mobile camera.

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - No
Is the NIP addressed to you personally? - No

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:
  • Do nothing!

The police are not requesting the information from you, they are requesting it from the person the NIP is addressed to.
    Wait until you receive a NIP addressed to you personally, then come back here.

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v3.3.2: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 08:37:09 +0000
I am Weasel
So presumably your spouse has a NIP in their own name. He/she must fill it in, nominating you as the driver and return it within the required timeframe otherwise he/she will be looking at a charge of failure to provide the drivers details which carries 6 points, a hefty fine and eyewatering insurance implications
thorien
Yes that's correct. I was a it concerned by the NIP wizard saying do nothing. Your reply makes a lot more sense! Thanks.
So I presume I'll then get a NIP in my name, best course of action after that would be to take the SAC then?
peterguk
QUOTE (thorien @ Wed, 29 Apr 2015 - 10:08) *
I'll then get a NIP in my name, best course of action after that would be to take the SAC then?

Correct. In the absence of any defence, the SAC is the best way out.
thorien
Great, thanks chaps for the information.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.