Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NIP has right reg but wrong model of car
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
TYA
NIP from Greater Manchester - speeding at 57mph in temporary 50 on the M62, requesting name and address of driver. The reg number is right but the model of car given is wrong. Does this give me any wriggle room?
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (TYA @ Sat, 11 Apr 2015 - 12:36) *
NIP from Greater Manchester - speeding at 57mph in temporary 50 on the M62, requesting name and address of driver. The reg number is right but the model of car given is wrong. Does this give me any wriggle room?

No not really, If you know it was you then you are not disadvantaged,You could ask for photos to help identify the driver.

The picture will show the correct model, or not, if that is the case then you may have something
peterguk
What's on the V5?
Jlc
QUOTE (peterguk @ Sat, 11 Apr 2015 - 13:05) *
What's on the V5?

Indeed. How wrong is 'wrong'?
TYA
NIP has the right manufacturer but wrong model
peterguk
QUOTE (TYA @ Sat, 11 Apr 2015 - 13:23) *
NIP has the right manufacturer but wrong model

What does the V5 say? (Registration document)
Jlc
The model of vehicle is not required (legally).
TYA
V5 has correct model but it sounds like it doesn't matter
Jlc
QUOTE (TYA @ Sat, 11 Apr 2015 - 14:09) *
V5 has correct model but it sounds like it doesn't matter

Indeed - unusual for them to 'mess' it up on the form but it you know the car was in the location at the given time then the driver should be nominated accordingly...
TYA
I've looked at the photos and there are basically just two photos of my car - marked "entry" and "exit", but no sign of speed given. It says "no explanatory text is available for this device type" - so nothing to suggest I was speeding, to me. Anyone?
Kickaha
I think you can be confidant that they have the proof required, but if you feel they have not then all you can do is not accept the FPN and let them take it to court to let the magistrates decide.

That can be a costly route to go down but it is your call.

OOPS,

Forgot to add that the 172 request to ID the driver is valid either way, so you should do that before anything else.
Jlc
QUOTE (TYA @ Sun, 12 Apr 2015 - 11:11) *
I've looked at the photos and there are basically just two photos of my car - marked "entry" and "exit", but no sign of speed given. It says "no explanatory text is available for this device type" - so nothing to suggest I was speeding, to me. Anyone?

An average speed system - 2 timed photo's with a known distance. This can easily calculate your average speed.

Should you not believe you were speeding then you have the option of opting for court and not accepting the offers to dispose of the matter without a prosecution (course/fixed penalty).

It is highly likely you were speeding and they can prove it. Going to court will increase your costs unless you have something tangible.
TYA
I'm fairly sure the incident refers to an occasion when I wasn't aware I'd gone into a restricted 50 and so belatedly slowed down. Sounds like I'm bang to rights so I'll probably take the hit and hope for an awareness course
The Rookie
Unaware due to poor signage or just because you didn't see them?
TYA
could be either to be fair - there are so many of these things on the M62 and A1 now they no longer feel like motorways. The 62 was closed the other night, too, doubling my journey time. Never a dull moment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.