Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Premier Park display typical PPC ethics
FightBack Forums > Discussion > News / Press Articles
anon45
http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/12865754.P..._police/?ref=mr

Some of the 'comments' in the public comment section display both a lack of compassion and a gross ignorance of the law. It sounds like it is too late for the driver, who has already named himself in correspondence, to appeal to POPLA, or the IAS kangaroo court, even if he was given the opportunity, so he should now send a 'put up or shut up' letter and certainly not pay, with the intention of fully defending any court claim.
Jlc
Eric? Are you listening?
SatNavSam
Charge now cancelled

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/12869009.P..._police/?ref=mr
Jlc
Eric was listening...
Salmosalaris
It also shows what an utter waste of time POPLA is to the average motorist
SatNavSam
QUOTE (Jlc @ Fri, 3 Apr 2015 - 09:20) *
Eric was listening...

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Churchmouse
QUOTE (Salmosalaris @ Fri, 3 Apr 2015 - 09:52) *

How so? Unless by "average", you mean those motorists who do not seek appropriate advice before lodging their POPLA appeals... wink.gif

--Churchmouse
Salmosalaris
QUOTE (Churchmouse @ Fri, 3 Apr 2015 - 12:39) *

How so? Unless by "average", you mean those motorists who do not seek appropriate advice before lodging their POPLA appeals... wink.gif

--Churchmouse

So if you think it is necessary for someone who has compelling mitigating circumstances to visit a website ,to be told that they have to mention gpeol ( which may not work in future ) to have any chance of success ,I repeat my earlier point that the service is unfit for purpose
Jlc
Indeed, this is the perfect example where mitigation should be accepted.
Unzippy

--Churchmouse

If the majority of motorists pay, they are the average motorist wink.gif
Churchmouse
QUOTE (Salmosalaris @ Fri, 3 Apr 2015 - 12:56) *

So if you think it is necessary for someone who has compelling mitigating circumstances to visit a website ,to be told that they have to mention gpeol ( which may not work in future ) to have any chance of success ,I repeat my earlier point that the service is unfit for purpose

Repeat yourself as much as you want, but the "average motorist" still does not have "compelling mitigating circumstances". For the exceptional motorist, you are correct.

--Churchmouse
Salmosalaris
QUOTE (Churchmouse @ Sun, 5 Apr 2015 - 12:00) *
QUOTE (Salmosalaris @ Fri, 3 Apr 2015 - 12:56) *

Repeat yourself as much as you want, but the "average motorist" still does not have "compelling mitigating circumstances". For the exceptional motorist, you are correct.

--Churchmouse

Utterly pointless and incorrect pedantry
Where did I state the average motorist had compelling mitigating circumstances ?
By "average" I was referring to the probable majority of motorists who appeal to POPLA using mitigation alone . This case shows that POPLA disregarded an appeal from one of those "average motorists" whose mitigating circumstances should have been compelling.
It does POPLA no credit if it is to be taken seriously
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.