Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CPMS chasing me, but no notice to driver / keeper received?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Fuchsia
Hello all,

I've recently received two letters from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd pertaining to a private parking ticket issued by Carpark Management Services (CPMS) Ltd.

I haven't received a notice to driver or a notice to keeper. It's probable that the notice to keeper may have been sent to my old address - I updated my registered address with the DVLA recently. However, I've since visited my old address to pick up any post sent there, and there was no notice to keeper in with my other post.

The debt chasing letters give some details of the ticket - it was issued on the 28th November 2014 for parking at Microdirect in Manchester and the reason is because of breach of terms as the carpark is for customers only.

We parked in the carpark intending to shop at Microdirect, to find that the shop had closed down. As the shop had closed and the car park was otherwise empty, we left the car for maybe an hour and walked over to the hospital to pick up a prescription while we were in town.

The carpark is poorly signed (tiny signs high up, small print illegible unless standing right underneath them) and has no markings - it's not clear what section of the tarmac is pavement and car park or which land belongs to the site.

What's the best way to go about disputing this? I've already written to the debt collection agency and denied the debt. Do CPMS need proof that I've received their notice to driver / keeper to be able to chase me? Would it be wise to appeal / dispute despite not receiving any communication from them directly?

Thanks!
numanoids
this seems to be the new tactic meaning if they (CPMS) went to DVLA once and got your old address, did they then go again to get an updated one? (even though the old address didnt receive any notice).

Write back, deny any debt to DR+, refer the matter back to their client and inform that since you didnt receive any notifications until this one, their rights to claim liability under POFA are no longer valid. Inform them in no uncertain terms that you will not be paying them for this so they must not contact you again.

This would be my response but others may provide alternative info that may (probably) be better.
The Rookie
QUOTE (numanoids @ Tue, 17 Mar 2015 - 10:39) *
Write back, deny any debt to DR+, refer the matter back to their client and inform that since you didnt receive any notifications until this one, their rights to claim liability under POFA are no longer valid. Inform them in no uncertain terms that you will not be paying them for this so they must not contact you again.

Correct about writing to them and telling them to refer back, but the other stuff you need to keep for writing to CPMS, it's nothing to do with DR+.
numanoids
Thanks Rookie for correcting me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.