Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Was I flashed?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
wizpip
Hello,

I think I may have set off a speed camera on the M1 travelling North between J12 and J13... but I'm not entirely sure.

I have a dash cam that records my journeys (and the nutcases on the roads), but the timing clock has gone (a common Blackvue fault apparently), so the date and speed aren't accurate on it.

Checking the footage, the angle of the shadow doesn't look right, and there were no lines on the road between the gantry and where I was flashed - was it actually a speed camera, did I actually set it off?

Thanks!

Click to view attachment
Jlc
That junction is on the list for HADECS3 - they don't have lines on the road.

You'll have to wait and see if a NIP arrives.
wizpip
QUOTE (Jlc @ Thu, 12 Mar 2015 - 22:11) *
That junction is on the list for HADECS3

Are you sure? I know that Derbyshire and South Yorkshire have them on the M1, but I've not heard that they're in Bedfordshire. Do you have a link source?

It could possibly explain the angle of the flash though, if it was just from the side. But how does it work without lines and why would there have been two flashes, if not to check distances between lines on the road?
Jlc
Yes, they are on the side of the road - see here.

They work with dual radar.

This link has the location 'in planning'...

Only way to know for sure is whether a NIP arrives.

Look here for an example capture.
wizpip
QUOTE (Jlc @ Thu, 12 Mar 2015 - 22:20) *
This link has the location 'in planning'...

I guess I need to wait and see, but that link doesn't have J12 - J13 on it (just J13 - J19)

I don't think I was speeding at the time, but I'm aware that the hard shoulder was open and all of the gantries were set to "CONGESTION USE HARD SHOULDER" and 60, even though the motorway was practically empty.
Jlc
Indeed, a 14 day wait to be sure...
wizpip
I think it was from this thing; is it HADECS 3? Looks a bit different from the photos online...

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.011313,-0...96hfqnw!2e0
imwatchingyou
QUOTE (wizpip @ Fri, 13 Mar 2015 - 22:54) *
I think it was from this thing; is it HADECS 3? Looks a bit different from the photos online...

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.011313,-0...96hfqnw!2e0

that looks like a varition of hadecs 3 to me
wizpip
It's been over 14 days, no NIP.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.