Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Merton PCN. Parked on broken lines. Possible chance?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
darbyjack
Hi all,

I'm thinking of appealing this parking ticket. I have until tomorrow (9/3/15) at 10am unfortunately as I've been a bit lazy and left it late to pay the 'reduced' fee of £55

The lines are quite old and broken though. One of the pics shows I'm outside the white box a bit though I'm not sure how that'll affect my case. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Basically I parked on a Sunday evening when it was dark. But I was very ill Sunday morning and couldn't drive away before 7am. Had to wait until 12ish.

Cheers!
DancingDad
I suspect that you have already missed the deadline for discount
14 days beginning with the day the PCN was served.
If a normal PCN placed on the motor, on a Sunday, 14 days runs out at midnight on the second Saturday.
If on the Monday, midnight on the second Sunday.

Need more information to work out if lines can be used. Seems to be a parking bay and restricted by lines.
Streetview link and PCN please. Blank personal details, leave in dates times and location
Incandescent
If an adjudicator sees those pictures, I suspect he'll rule they convey a restriction exists, and the motorist must go and look to see what these are. Badly maintained lines no longer guarantee a win now, I'm afraid. Of course you can appeal on the illness circumstances, but they will want some sort of proof. like a doctors letter or something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.