Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speeding in friend's car
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
jafeica
QUOTE (SueP19 @ Sat, 25 Oct 2014 - 11:38) *
Does anyone have any information on the average speed cameras at A1 Elkesley Notts roadworks

I have just recieved a speeding ticket for doing 47 in a 40 per the letter

I understand from research on here that the limit has been lowered to 40mph due to roadworks

This was on Sunday 19th October and there were no workers nor equipment in sight

All the drivers around me were travelling at a similar speed, they must have raked it in that day

Thanks

Apologies if I get this wrong (im assuming I am adding a reply to the original post) I received a NIP via my friend whos car I was driving alleging I was doing 47 mph in a 40 mph zone,the same as the OP going north through that section.Had done this same journey i.e from Suffolk to Fife many times since September to visit my seriously ill mother.At least 5 times since December.The NIP allegation is for 0054.04 hrs on 10/02/2015,the day before my mothers funeral.Not seeking to use this as mitigation,just suspicious that I must have passed this camera on every occasion I went up to Fife and indeed on the way down.

Stuck religiously to all speed limits at all times and yet being accused of 47mph which conveniently is 1 mph over ACPO guidelines to activate action.So basically thousands of miles North and South on that road since late August last year.Just struck me as either odd or pure coincidence that the OP was cited for exact same speed at a time when circumstances stated match mine almost exactly.

In addition to my doubt about the accuracy of whatever system was in use the NIP spells my friends name completely wrong and adds an additional letter to her surname.Not even close to a typo,her surname ends EMAN and is 7 letters long,the NIP has her surname ending TZMAN.I have no points on my licence so a ban is not an issue,if I have to hold my hands up a course will likely be offered which I will probably accept.However as I am dubious about the validity of this "evidence" in the first place I am inclined to tell her not to sign the NIP as it is obviously not near her surname,in fact reads like Eastern European and a typo is very doubtful.

Basically I just feel had it been a Police Office who clocked me allegedly committing the same offence it would have been a quiet word and the end of the matter.I scrapped my own car today,it could not have reliably done the miles I have in my friends to visit my mother on a 1,000 mile round trip so many times.I taxed and insured mine whilst visiting my mum just so it would remain legal parked on a public road.On Saturday I phoned my insurance company to cancel the insurance only to be told that there is a £50 admin fee plus the insurance for 3 weeks.Ok said I cancel it now,cant do that until you send your insurance certificate to us.Explained they had not sent me said certificate,ok they said we will send you a form which may take 6-10 days to reach you,fill it in and we will cancel on the day we receive it back,that is the law.

So I hope you can see,without bad luck recently I would not have any luck.Which is why I am feeling inclined to stick this allegation up the backside of the LAW.

Any help or advice will be much appreciated.You've started a duplicate thread!
Jlc
QUOTE (jafeica @ Mon, 23 Feb 2015 - 20:20) *
However as I am dubious about the validity of this "evidence" in the first place I am inclined to tell her not to sign the NIP as it is obviously not near her surname,in fact reads like Eastern European and a typo is very doubtful.

Please start a new topic.

If you want your friend to have 6 points then telling her not to sign could be bad advice.
BaggieBoy
They are average speed cameras. Very accurate, you possibly missed the first camera. The name typo is probaly on the V5C document. As has been said failing to sign the S172 request would be an expensive mistake

And I hope you were insured in this vehicle. You might not want to rock the boat too much....
Logician
Your friend must complete the NIP naming you, the NIP has reached her and is clearly intended for her. Not signing it would lead to a summons for her for the s.172 offence. It would be worth her checking her name on the vehicle's V5C.

We have not had a flood of complaints about these cameras so it is doubtful if there is anything wrong with them, and they are inherently very reliable. It is more likely that your concentration momentarily lapsed in the early hours of the morning with little traffic than that your speed was measured wrongly.
Jlc
Stuck religiously to all speed limits at all times and yet being accused of 47mph which conveniently is 1 mph over ACPO guidelines to activate action.So basically thousands of miles North and South on that road since late August last year.Just struck me as either odd or pure coincidence that the OP was cited for exact same speed at a time when circumstances stated match mine almost exactly.
A mere coincidence.

In addition to my doubt about the accuracy of whatever system was in use the NIP spells my friends name completely wrong and adds an additional letter to her surname.Not even close to a typo,her surname ends EMAN and is 7 letters long,the NIP has her surname ending TZMAN.I have no points on my licence so a ban is not an issue,if I have to hold my hands up a course will likely be offered which I will probably accept.However as I am dubious about the validity of this "evidence" in the first place I am inclined to tell her not to sign the NIP as it is obviously not near her surname,in fact reads like Eastern European and a typo is very doubtful.
If your friend is the registered keeper then it is likely the DVLA details are wrong. If she is not the RK then whoever supplied her details may have supplied them slightly wrong or they were copied incorrectly. It's obviously for her, she's received and most respond. As I noted, failure to do so could be 6 points for her.

Which is why I am feeling inclined to stick this allegation up the backside of the LAW.
It is at this time an allegation. But it is likely to stick so be 'careful'.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.