Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Operation Cheetah - JP Discussion Thread
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
andy_foster
QUOTE (maurice @ Wed, 8 Feb 2006 - 16:24) *
I was also given a leaflet by the Police staing that sites like Pepipoo promise us to help us get away with speeding convictions, but all they are here for is to take our money from us hmmmmm.

The operation Cheetah booklet can be read by following this link.
cjm99
It's good to see that my local force have got their priorities right. unsure.gif

Clearly the appauling crime statistics are a figment of imagination.
Barneyrubble
lol icon_hang.gif
cjm99
We in Manchester have a team dedicated to stopping perverting the course of justice, called operation 'cheatah'. I should stress that I don't have a problem with that, other than the fact that motoring offences of the type they are persuing, should have a close to zero priority let alone a dedicated operation!!

I assume from what you have said, that it is a local initiative, no doubt in liason with the Lincoln force.

Which station was it?

I'll pop in myself for a copy. They may like to have a chat?
Barneyrubble
Yes this is to do with an alleged speeding offence in Lincoln which I might add is the first time I have been there and it was supposed to be a treat from me to my wife for our tenth wedding anniversary which you can imagine this speeding camera that flashed at me ruined the weekend totally.
Now I have replied using the PACE and from what I can gather Lincoln Police are hell bent on getting their easy £60 from me by sending another Police force to caution and question me so that they can get this into court. As for operation Cheetah, yes I do agree with it because to me they are targeting fraudsters who are producing fake licenses and there was the case of those couple who got a £22.000 fine for trying to say it was one of their friends from another country driving etc etc, where as my case I am fighting the law with the law. I'll see you there tomorow then when I pick up my leaflet
cjm99
I collected a copy this morning. It is infact the CTO., and the booklet is from operation 'chetah'

It is too big for me to attach, but Mika is on the case, and will post it soon.
Fredd
QUOTE (cjm99 @ Thu, 9 Feb 2006 - 13:11) *
I collected a copy this morning. It is infact the CTO., and the booklet is from operation 'chetah'

It is too big for me to attach, but Mika is on the case, and will post it soon.

And here it is for your edification and delight. If someone who has a paper copy could let me know the correct order for the pages I'll sort them out - it isn't immediately obvious from the unconnected ramblings. I've attached the libellous one here ohmy.gif
Orac
Thats truly appauling.
cjm99
Fredd
The pages are headed as follows

1 a book of tricks
2 angry, frustrated
3 tricks
4 trick dealers
5 there have already been a number....... prison sentences.
6 here are some cheeters who've paid..... tricks.
7 three choicesfor cheaters NB. the change of spelling here.
8 there is another way
9 the true cost of speeding
10 will your speeding kill...
11 we are dedicated to protecting.....like you
12 back page with web address that is faulty... just like most of their claims and the CTO bundles
'no change there then??
Rallyman72
At least they have put us in with Safespeed and ABD who are, I think, both legitimate organisations.

Is there any action that can be taken over this?

Do we have a tame solicitor who could look at this for us?

On the other hand could we look at this as "any publicity is good publicity" because it will get folk looking at the website.

Perhaps they are just upset at how good the guys on here really are.
Broadsword
Hello 'Cheetah'

This is a FOI request

Exactly how many of the 20 arrested men from Oldham were actually convicted of attempting to pervert the course of justice
kent neil
Intresting to see that......
I wonder if the scammers at Scumbria have got something like it......

What the hell are they on about "General anti-safety camera websites",
no one forced me to become a member and i am glad that i did, Wan*ers can go and stick it if they are going to come out with rubbish like that excl.gif

I think most members here do not disagree with cameras it's just the way they use them excl.gif
How much lower can they get icon_hang.gif
Orac
I suppose the name of every Solicitor and Lawyer in the country should be on that list aswell.

I can't see the difference in the information provided here and the advice the professionals would give you in court.
Rallyman72
QUOTE (Orac @ Thu, 9 Feb 2006 - 18:00) *
I suppose the name of every Solicitor and Lawyer in the country should be on that list aswell.

I can't see the difference in the information provided here and the advice the professionals would give you in court.

I can - most solicitors aren't as good as the folk on here - there are a few that are very good but most just do not do motoring offences.
Barneyrubble
blimey, I went to get a copy as I couldnt find mine last night and ended up coming out with 10 copies, and was aksed so long as I didnt post them on here, well looks like someone beat me to it.
Yes the bit about these sites taking our hard earned money made me laugh, £60 for a fine or £30 for info on here hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I know which one im going for
neil3841
QUOTE (maurice @ Fri, 10 Feb 2006 - 00:08) *
Yes the bit about these sites taking our hard earned money made me laugh, £60 for a fine or £30 for info on here hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I know which one im going for

Yes but to be fair although pepipoo has bad boyz and girlz it is mostly a free site at no point does it say we will help you IF you pay us x amount of cash. Most poeple get help before they join and just join up when they are happy with the advice they are getting. To move their thead so there are less of the other side watching or donate after the case is finished with

Pepipoo is much more deserving of our cash than the scamma's are biggrin.gif
Insider
The Judicial Process forum is proof of the lie told by GMP, there are thousands and thousands of posts on here where people are getting free advice.

I suspect a few official complaints from the ABD and SS are heading their way, it really is a disgrace but not surprising as we must have really hurt their revenue stream.

Oh, and we don't ask for anything apart from helping us to help you (well and no multiple threads!) other than a donation/join the BB&G section after you win.

I suspect GMP's biggest problem is one "litigation friend" in particular smile.gif
neil3841
yeah its funny how the police enforce the law but don't like the public learning it. Can't pepipoo complain about being labeled as fraurdsters
Broadsword
Could we not open up a Cheatah thread and invite them to jusify their claims in an open and honest forum
Mika
QUOTE (broadsword @ Fri, 10 Feb 2006 - 21:24) *
Could we not open up a Cheatah thread and invite them to jusify their claims in an open and honest forum

The silence is deafening.
Clear Skies
QUOTE (Mika @ Mon, 13 Feb 2006 - 11:11) *
QUOTE (broadsword @ Fri, 10 Feb 2006 - 21:24) *

The silence is deafening.

perhaps they are otherwise engaged drinking their tea ( from pepipoo mugs ) , or filling in their overtime forms, and havent yet seen the posting ..

If we hear nothing , It would be very easy to put up their pamphlet on our main web page, and to tear it apart line by line.. For the record The nhs costs are refunded in full by the motor insurance companies , so that deals with that page of tripe .

and mika, u have the sole right to complain, I would suggest your MP, your baby is being labeled a very naughty boy indeed..

Bill
Mika
QUOTE (Clear Skies @ Mon, 13 Feb 2006 - 11:24) *
If we hear nothing , It would be very easy to put up their pamphlet on our main web page, and to tear it apart line by line.. For the record The nhs costs are refunded in full by the motor insurance companies , so that deals with that page of tripe .

and mika, u have the sole right to complain, I would suggest your MP, your baby is being labeled a very naughty boy indeed..

Fortunately I have far more interesting things to do with my time, like assisting the legal team fine-tune the submissions for the European Courts of Justice.
neil3841
QUOTE (Mika @ Mon, 13 Feb 2006 - 11:34) *
QUOTE (Clear Skies @ Mon, 13 Feb 2006 - 11:24) *

Fortunately I have far more interesting things to do with my time, like assisting the legal team fine-tune the submissions for the European Courts of Justice.

that will hurt them biggrin.gif more than any complant lol
Barneyrubble
Im behind you all the way Mika, they also forgot to mention about the speeding police officer doing 157 testing a car,hmm one law for them and another for us
Barneyrubble
so wheres the post that we can all pull to bits then?
Mika
QUOTE (maurice @ Tue, 14 Feb 2006 - 17:20) *

Are you referring to this Cheetah booklet?
g_attrill
QUOTE (Mika @ Tue, 14 Feb 2006 - 17:44) *
QUOTE (maurice @ Tue, 14 Feb 2006 - 17:20) *

Are you referring to this Cheetah booklet?

Paul Smith is currently tearing the booklet up, last I saw he was spitting out the staples laugh.gif
Barneyrubble
yes, sorry that is what I meant, the cheetah booklet
Mika
QUOTE (maurice @ Wed, 15 Feb 2006 - 00:40) *

Has anyone else noticed that right next to the words “TRICK DEALERS”, there is a picture of a traffic officer using an LTi 20-20?
Clear Skies
QUOTE (Mika @ Wed, 15 Feb 2006 - 12:03) *

Has anyone else noticed that right next to the words “TRICK DEALERS”, there is a picture of a traffic officer using an LTi 20-20?

you couldn't make it up could u...

bill
g_attrill
QUOTE (Mika @ Wed, 15 Feb 2006 - 12:03) *

Yes biggrin.gif edit: well not specifically that positioning, but that they didn't include "the camera made a mistake" in the "tricks" list.
blackdouglas
Just a "minor " point.

If perverting the course of justice is such a big deal, I think they ought to have a hard, long look at themselves first.

I, like many others on here, can provide tons of evidence of police officers, expert witnesses and people from the CPS, perverting the course of justice.

One expert in particular has stated many things in Court, many of which are untrue and can be seen as perverting the course of justice. We've carried out experiments to prove the truth. Maybe I should send a copy of these experiments and the transcript from Court to the head of operation cheetah.

No there's an idea.
cjm99
Maybe I should send a copy of these experiments and the transcript from Court to the head of operation cheetah.

Regrettably, the head of 'cheetah' is an ostrich, with his own personal sand bucket.
Peter STI
QUOTE (cjm99 @ Fri, 17 Feb 2006 - 12:47) *
Maybe I should send a copy of these experiments and the transcript from Court to the head of operation cheetah.

Regrettably, the head of 'cheetah' is an ostrich, with his own personal sand bucket.

Its interesting to hear how the "establishments" will try to undermine anything that works against them. I am sure that many members have subscribed to the site in the hope of escaping some form of penalty and good luck if this can be achieved - after all it can only happen if the evidence is flawed! For my own part, and perhaps many others, I joined to try and obtain constructive advice that would best enable me to defend myself and ensure that I was (if possible) treated in the manner prescribed by law and not by whims and uncollaborated evidence. Great site and good people! seems "establishments" have the jitters???
Clear Skies
QUOTE (blackdouglas @ Fri, 17 Feb 2006 - 09:33) *
Just a "minor " point.

If perverting the course of justice is such a big deal, I think they ought to have a hard, long look at themselves first.

I, like many others on here, can provide tons of evidence of police officers, expert witnesses and people from the CPS, perverting the course of justice.

One expert in particular has stated many things in Court, many of which are untrue and can be seen as perverting the course of justice. We've carried out experiments to prove the truth. Maybe I should send a copy of these experiments and the transcript from Court to the head of operation cheetah.

No there's an idea.

I think perjury and perversion is about the same..

A friend of mine was on the receiving end of an upset ex wife's tantrum, She accused him of perjury and a serious police investigation followed. It is a stand alone crime.

Whilst nothing came of it , as she has misled them, the fact remains , the police really do take such complaints very seriously.. Even if they wanted to they are unable to dodge well documented evidence. When put like that (perjury) to them, I dont think for one moment they would want to squirm out of looking into the issue anyway.

rgds
BobTB007
Tragic but true

The other day (night), a person I know was killed in an RTA.

He was 23

He was comming home from a party, crossed the road at a junction with traffic lights, didnt see a black cab (various reasons) and was hit, the cab was on a green light.

I was told that the cab wasnt speeding (so presume was doing under 30 at the time of impact) so does that mean that on a major trunk road the speed limit should be reduced to below 30 to avoid deaths?

Or should the design of black cabs be altered to be more pedestrian friendly?

Or should people who cross the roads take extra care? Its a god damn awful way to think of things at such a time but what could be done differently?

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

So, for the scammers, how will u spin this story to proove your case? or will you just add it in to the stats of death by speeding (cos as we all know 30 is a speed)
Captain A
He was comming home from a party, crossed the road at a junction with traffic lights, didnt see a black cab (various reasons) and was hit, the cab was on a green light.

I do not want to sound callous, particularly when someone has died, but if he was coming home from a party, is there a chance that he had been drinking and so was perhaps not so careful when stepping into the road ?
BobTB007
QUOTE (Captain A @ Mon, 6 Mar 2006 - 21:27) *

I do not want to sound callous, particularly when someone has died, but if he was coming home from a party, is there a chance that he had been drinking and so was perhaps not so careful when stepping into the road ?

You got it Captain, it has to be the unfortunate conclusion that:

1/ Cab driver not drinking, not speeding, was on a green light.

2/ Pedestrian (on this junction) had the added protection of walk/dont walk green or red man to tell him when it was safe to cross

3/ Pedestrians, surely, have a duty of care to follow the green cross code, to help protect thier safety (when was the last time a pedestrian was charged with "jay walking" or without due care and attention)

4/ and yes captain I agree with you, that the chances were that he did not have his full faculties due to drink (i wonder if he postumously had a sample taken to see if drink could have impared his judgement)

5/ he made a judgement that was incorrect, I wonder if we will see the police and safety camera parterships jumping up and down talking about how allegedly worse for ware pedestrians can ruin thier and other peoples lives by drinking too much. Just think about the cab driver and his reaction to the situatuation.

6/ Cars are dangerous objects they are hard and unyielding to the human body, both drivers and pedestrians have a duty of care to watch out for each other.

7/ Should there be a charge of walking whilst under the influence of drink or drugs because it can lead to impared judgment and death?

PS sorry if this rant is off topic but ive had a few to drink tonite
g_attrill
QUOTE (BobTB007 @ Mon, 6 Mar 2006 - 23:00) *
(i wonder if he postumously had a sample taken to see if drink could have impared his judgement)

I believe this is standard practice during a post-mortem, they probably test for common drugs too.

Gareth
Pug205GRD
I notice on Page 3a that it says:

...fixed penalty ticket system depended heavily on the integrity of motorists...

Does that mean the fixed penalty ticket system does not depend heavily on the integrity of scamerships then?
From the number of users and posts issued on this and other 'Trick Dealers' sites I guess we already know the answer to that one...
patdavies
QUOTE (Pug205GRD @ Thu, 16 Mar 2006 - 21:25) *
the integrity of scamerships then?

Classic oxymoron.
JohnnyBGood
Thank You Manchester Constanbulary for a great advert for this site which is directly targeted at the exact demograghic. Who could estimate the cost of such an advertising campain. Good to see that they are informing car owners of there rights to a fare trail by providing them with such exaustive networks of information providers.

Interesting that they don't include in there 'hit list' the sect172(4) defence that many drivers, including myself, have to use. I say this as without pepipoo how could I have any chance of defending myself, is that not what the courts are there for, fareness, clarity and justice. Although I'm sure some people have unfortunatly used this defence for the wrong reasons in the past, its strange that this is not mentioned.
Can't think why happy.gif
Barneyrubble
QUOTE (JohnnyBGood @ Sat, 18 Mar 2006 - 13:44) *
Thank You Manchester Constanbulary for a great advert for this site which is directly targeted at the exact demograghic. Who could estimate the cost of such an advertising campain. Good to see that they are informing car owners of there rights to a fare trail by providing them with such exaustive networks of information providers.

Interesting that they don't include in there 'hit list' the sect172(4) defence that many drivers, including myself, have to use. I say this as without pepipoo how could I have any chance of defending myself, is that not what the courts are there for, fareness, clarity and justice. Although I'm sure some people have unfortunatly used this defence for the wrong reasons in the past, its strange that this is not mentioned.
Can't think why happy.gif

I think its called intimidation, they want your easy £60 and will feed you full of this nonesense that they have printed in that leaflet as a scaremungering tactic no doubt
Maths For Fun And Insight
Two observations:

* Since they have no better use for their resources than to send an officer to the house of everyone who doesn't plead guilty on sight of their NIP, the Manchester Constabulary is clearly over-staffed. Speaking as a taxpayer, I would therefore like to see a 10% cut in their budget

* I believe I'm right in saying that when they turn up at your door, you will have the right to silence (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong about this)
cooper
isnt that somthing like obtaining money through threatening means?

in a similar way to the DVLA bullying you into paying car tax with the computer adverts?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.