Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can a CCTV camera give you a ticket?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Taz89
TFL sent me a PCN Ticket through the post, the ticket mentions the location North Kerb South Gardens. When I first looked up the location, it kept coming up unrecognised, I then searched for South Gardens and realised exactly where I had parked. When driving back to that location, I saw where the cctv camera was located and there are no signs saying there is cctv enforcement in place. I was going to pay the ticket until I received another ticket in the post for the same location. Now I must say I did park outside the box both times because there was no where else to park, even though TFL have caught me twice for parking incorrectly on a red route, could I contest the tickets on the basis of; cctv cameras shouldn't be dishing out PCN tickets, no visible signs showing cctv is enforced and they could of used a enforcement officer to give me the tickets instead??
DastardlyDick
Please post up PCN with personal information plus PCN and Reg. No obscured/redacted, but location etc visible.

I'd have to say, I don't fancy your chances of beating this one.
Incandescent
QUOTE (DastardlyDick @ Wed, 11 Feb 2015 - 23:33) *
Please post up PCN with personal information plus PCN and Reg. No obscured/redacted, but location etc visible.

I'd have to say, I don't fancy your chances of beating this one.

Me neither ! But lets see the PCNs
Taz89
Thanks for the response! Please take a look at my ticket I have uploaded.
DastardlyDick
QUOTE (Taz89 @ Thu, 12 Feb 2015 - 20:56) *
Thanks for the response! Please take a look at my ticket I have uploaded.

You might like to remove that upload as both your registration number and PCN number are clearly visible.

When you re-upload, please could you show all pages/sides including the photo's.

Having had a quick look on Google Street View, I can't see anything wrong with the signs and lines that wouldn't be covered by 'substantial compliance'.

AFAIK, no adjudicator has upheld an appeal on the grounds you are suggesting, but others may know different.
Taz89
Thanks for letting me know I was showing vital details.

Uploaded the ticket as well as pictures.

Please take a look at uploads!
DastardlyDick
QUOTE (Taz89 @ Fri, 13 Feb 2015 - 15:48) *
Thanks for letting me know I was showing vital details.

Uploaded the ticket as well as pictures.

Please take a look at uploads!

Unfortunately, I cannot see anything wrong with the PCN, so my advice would be to pay while you still have the discount, but wait and see what others on here have to say.
Incandescent
OP needs to get up to speed quickly on Red Routes and use of CCTV to enforce them !!

As advised, best to pay the discounted amount and put the cost down as a learning opportunity
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.