Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SORN'ing a vehicle
FightBack Forums > Discussion > The Flame Pit
Hellfire8
Nice and easy one.

Current vehicle has tax, new vehicle arrives tonight and my insurance transfers over to new car at 18:00 current vehicle from 17:00 onwards will be parked on my drive, covered up and SORN'd.

Simple as I hope.

Now.... the car has tax at present, I am only SORNing it so I don't have to keep insurance, if I SORN it via https://www.gov.uk/make-a-sorn will the outstanding tax (tax started 1st Jan to 31st Dec this year) Automatically be refunded? or do I have to apply seperately,

It's a big chunk of change so I want to make sure I get the refund and I know DVLA usually mess around with things.

And sorry I thought I was in Flame pit not technical discussion, Thanks to the mod who moved it. My bad.
StuartBu
SORN and vehicle tax

You’ll get an automatic refund of your vehicle tax for any full remaining months when you make a SORN. It will be sent to the address on the DVLA record.

You paid an additional surcharge if you bought vehicle tax for 6 months. This surcharge isn’t refundable.

You’ll need to buy vehicle tax if you want to use the vehicle again on the road. This expires your SORN.

https://www.gov.uk/sorn-statutory-off-road-notification

Google is your friend !!!
Pete D
Are you going to sell the vehicle. If so It can not be test driven with out VED. You will also have to be very carefull regarding valid insurance during any test drive. Pete D
Hellfire8
QUOTE (Pete D @ Sun, 8 Feb 2015 - 12:49) *
Are you going to sell the vehicle. If so It can not be test driven with out VED. You will also have to be very carefull regarding valid insurance during any test drive. Pete D

Nope, thanks though. The Vehicle is parked up for a few months while the wife does her driving test, then it is hers.

I've Sorned and uninsured it. Just waiting for my money back for the tax.
StuartBu
QUOTE (Hellfire8 @ Mon, 9 Feb 2015 - 10:03) *

Nope, thanks though. The Vehicle is parked up for a few months while the wife does her driving test, then it is hers.

Your thanks for my previous post are appreciated but there was really no need!!!
Hellfire8
QUOTE (StuartBu @ Mon, 9 Feb 2015 - 11:03) *
QUOTE (Hellfire8 @ Mon, 9 Feb 2015 - 10:03) *

Your thanks for my previous post are appreciated but there was really no need!!!

S**t bro I thought I had yeah, top quality and thanks biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif <3 <3 <3 tongue.gif
StuartBu
QUOTE (Hellfire8 @ Mon, 9 Feb 2015 - 12:47) *
S**t bro I thought I had yeah, top quality and thanks biggrin.gif biggrin.gif :

lol....apologies for my sarcasm :-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.