Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Britannia Parking PCN 119 days old
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
monty007
hi
I too have been sent a parking charge notice in the post, from the Rowley arts centre, ST Neots. the same as another post on this forum
I too no longer have the receipt.
my car is a contract hire vehicle the date of the offence is the 04/10/2014 i received notice through the post yesterday, 29/02/2015 some 119 days after the date of the so called offence.
I intend to appeal and wondered how best to word it. simply appeal and say I paid i dont have the receipt now as it was 119 days ago? (my reg wasnt recognised and had to manually input the ticket)
should I state it is more than 35 days?
or do they have more time as they couldnt find the registered keeper as the car was contract hire?

many thanks
nosferatu1001
The 35 days is to consider an appeal. SO this doesnt apply.

Was this a windscreen ticket? If so they had between 29 and 56 days for the Keeper to receive the notice
If it was an ANPR ticket, 14 days.

This is if they are claiming under POFA2012 - are they?

Tried and tested - SCRUBBED image of the PCN is required. We dont have a lot of info...
Gan
Can you just confirm - who has written to you, the hire company or Britannia ?

SEZ
This would be an ANPR ticket as you have to enter your details and make payment at the end of your visit in this car park.

I think with my ticket they had my entry and exit times a few mins over 2 hours. I paid for the 2 hours, as per machine instructions, but they didn't take into account the grace period. I am pretty sure the machine says you have up to 10 mins to exit the car park after making payment. The appeal sent in my case was a weak one, as I only came on here for advice after already having sent my email appeal. Another time, I would definitely word it better. In my case, I told them that the machine didn't recognise my car reg so I had to enter info manually. I did pay for required amount as per machine request and told them to check their records. They took more than the 35 days to confirm they had cancelled my PCN, but at least they did cancel it. Certainly get advice from here re how to word your appeal.
monty007
QUOTE (nosferatu1001 @ Fri, 30 Jan 2015 - 11:59) *
The 35 days is to consider an appeal. SO this doesnt apply.

Was this a windscreen ticket? If so they had between 29 and 56 days for the Keeper to receive the notice
If it was an ANPR ticket, 14 days.

This is if they are claiming under POFA2012 - are they?

Tried and tested - SCRUBBED image of the PCN is required. We dont have a lot of info...

I was sent the ticket in the post from Britannia. what is POFA2012?
my question was they sent the PCN 119 days after the so called offence?
uploaded the PCN image

QUOTE (Gan @ Fri, 30 Jan 2015 - 12:02) *
Can you just confirm - who has written to you, the hire company or Britannia ?

yes Britannia sent me a PCN 119 days after i was in the car park. the system didnt register my car and I paid manually.
Jlc
QUOTE (monty007 @ Mon, 9 Feb 2015 - 10:32) *
I was sent the ticket in the post from Britannia. what is POFA2012?
POFA2012 is as per the info on your PCN - Protection of Freedoms Act (2012). This Act allows them to pursue the 'keeper' of the vehicle under strict conditions. They are likely to have written to the Registered Keeper (not you) within the required 14 days. Without going into a deep discussion about whether naming you as the 'keeper' allows you to be pursued, they do have 6 years to pursue a civil 'debt'.

my question was they sent the PCN 119 days after the so called offence?
As above, this in itself isn't necessarily an issue.

yes Britannia sent me a PCN 119 days after i was in the car park. the system didnt register my car and I paid manually.
I would put in a challenge now saying that their system was defective and the keeper paid 'manually'. (Don't reveal the driver)

They are a relatively tame PPC so the chance of court is next to none.

However, if they reject your genuine challenge then they must issue a POPLA code. If they are belligerent then they can pay to be told to cancel it. (Come back should they not cancel)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.