Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Single yellow - double yellow valid?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Ashirus
Wife got a PCN for parking on yellow-line.

She was actually loading goods but it looks like a private vehicle and we have no proof so hoping to get off on a technicality after examining the yellow lines.

Here's the photo the CEO took:

Now she appears to be perhaps over the double-yellow (which turns into a single yellow just beyond or under the wheel). Now I've examined this marking and in fact it's old and hopefully not compliant:

On the end near the rear of the car in the above photos it looks like this (this picture taken at later date):

As you can see the double yellow doesn't have a T-bar (or whatever it's called) at the end where it turns into a double-yellow.

On the other end of the single yellow line, it's also a bit odd. It goes on only for 20 yards or so and ends like this:

Is there chance that both the double yellow and single (she might have been parked on both!) are invalid and so the PCN is invalid?

Just to add the contravention as stated on NTO is "Parked during restricted street during prescribed hours in STREET NAME (AREA)". May it also help that in fact the offense may be parking on double-yellow not single yellow (where "prescribed hours" makes a difference).

Unfortunately we can't find the original PCN!

It's unlikely the CPZ itself is invalid.

Any help and considered opinion welcome!
Incandescent
Single or double, (it makes no difference), there is an exemption for loading, provided this is not also restricted. Loading restrictions must be signed where there are yellow lines, and also kerb blips painted on the kerb stones. From looking at your photos, there seem to be no loading restrictions, so you can claim the loading exemption, but must be able to back this up with something like a collection or delivery receipt, or a witness statement of the person receiving or dispatching goods. Shopping doesn't count, though.
Ashirus
QUOTE (Incandescent @ Thu, 29 Jan 2015 - 19:34) *
Single or double, (it makes no difference), there is an exemption for loading, provided this is not also restricted. Loading restrictions must be signed where there are yellow lines, and also kerb blips painted on the kerb stones. From looking at your photos, there seem to be no loading restrictions, so you can claim the loading exemption, but must be able to back this up with something like a collection or delivery receipt, or a witness statement of the person receiving or dispatching goods. Shopping doesn't count, though.

There is the following sign

More importantly, we can't necessarily proove loading as stated above so I'm relying on the technicality about the line endings not conforming.

Does anyone know if I have a hope on those grounds?
hcandersen
None.
orford
QUOTE (Ashirus @ Thu, 29 Jan 2015 - 20:42) *
More importantly, we can't necessarily proove loading as stated above so I'm relying on the technicality about the line endings not conforming.

Does anyone know if I have a hope on those grounds?
IMO only as secondary grounds. The loading/unloading are good grounds.

What exactly were you loading and from where. If they were 'personal' goods then obviously there is no paperwork.
That hasn't prevented me from twice in the past having pcns cancelled
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.