Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Britannia Parking PCN on windscreen
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
storm05
Returned to my car in Southampton after having some lunch earlier today to find a Parking Charge Notice on my windscreen. £40 to pay now or £70 after 14 days. I was not aware the car park was a Pay & Display (it's a McDonalds/TGI Fridays and never known them to charge before!) plus as it is Sunday it didn't cross my mind. So yes i feel silly for not realising, but even so £40/£70 seems a bit ridiculous!

The weird thing is that on the "ticket" is says "Failed To Display Free Ticket" which begs the question why do you need a ticket if it's free?!?

I've been having a look on this forum and also MSE but i'm struggling to decide what i need to do. Do i send an appeal letter (a template would be appreciated)? Or wait for them to contact me after they get my details from DVLA? The mention of Court etc on the notice is scaring me somewhat to be honest ohmy.gif so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
kommando
Or wait for them to contact me after they get my details from DVLA?

Wait for the NTK using your DVLA details, then appeal using the usual making sure you do not name the driver.

1.Amount requested is grossly inflated for a Pre estimate of loss

2. No contact with landowner

3. Not the principle

4. Bad signage

+Whatever comes up as being wrong on the NTK

Use your own words not a template, when the rejection comes it should have a POPLA code which you can use to win provided you use the completed cases forum to compile your appeal, post your version here before sending off for critique.
storm05
Brilliant. Thankyou for the quick reply.

I'll wait to see if anything comes through the post....
cabbyman
Mmmmm, I wonder if the same thing happens to the ambulances that are often there??????
Gan
Challenge points :

Britannia has no legal capacity to offer parking contracts
Even if it did, their signs were inadequate and the driver did not see them
There was no consideration in a free car park and no contract was possible
It is nonsense to suggest that a driver contracted to pay £70 not to display a free ticket
They are clearly trying to issue a penalty, not offer a contract
The sum they have demanded cannot possibly represent a genuine per-estimate of any loss to their company
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.