Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No ticket accepted
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
gingerone
Please help, I drove away before attendant had time to fix ticket to screen, on 29-10-2014
I received notice to owner dated 5-12-2014 , ( 36 days later )
which I ignored. I have now received a demand
for £160 from Debt recovery plus. Do I continue to ignore or should I ask for proof that I was
ever parked there? ( Do they need a photograph before proceeding to court? )
Many thanks if you can help
Dublindel
Which ppc
Umkomaas
What happened with the appeal you were advised to send in your other thread about this?

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...p;#entry1028312
gingerone
Sorry, it was Smart Parking, and I didnt appeal as I thought the general advice was to just ignore the Notice to owner !
kommando
and I didnt appeal as I thought the general advice was to just ignore the Notice to owner !

But that thread does not say that, why ignore good advice and then come back for more to ignore.

Luckily for you Smart are currently not litigious so you can carry on ignoring but you have 6 years to wait before being safe ie they can change their minds hence the original advice to appeal.
Gan
That hasn't been the advice for more than two years

You only ever send one letter to DR+, the gist of which is "get stuffed"

Dear Sir

Ref ****

I deny any debt to Smart Parking

Refer it back to your client

For your information, your client failed to serve a valid Notice to Keeper and cannot hold me liable if it is unable to identify the driver.

For the avoidance of doubt, I will under no circumstances make any payment to your company.

Don't contact me again.
My position is final and I will not reply

Yours Faithfully

gingerone
Hi Gan, I tried to send you a message to say thanks, but your message box is full. But thanks anyway
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.