Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bus Lane Fine
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
asifk
Dear All,
Today, I received my first ever PCN  (i.e. 7 months after started driving a car). I was wondering if I could challenge it by any chance. The PCN states that it’s ‘34J being in bus lane’. It happened in Kingston early morning Monday.

Street view and it shows where my unlucky car crossed the line, i.e. right after these arrows are ending,
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.410622,-0..._wup22g!2e0

Birds eye view on google, (my car entered after bus stop on left)
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.410622,-0...#33;3m1!1e3

attached is the image as well, the car is entering the lane, right near the arrows and then lane ends (you may see arrow in front)

I have seen the video and it does shows the same,

May I know what options I have to challenge this, secondly if I pay the ticket now can I challenge it later and get reimbursement.

Kindest Regards,
astralite
You can’t pay and then challenge. If you pay the opportunity to challenge is lost.
There's usually 14 days to challenge - check what it says on the PCN.
The challenge, if made in time, would be without cost as if it is rejected you usually get the discount re-offered.

We need to see both sides of the PCN please (leave in dates and times but obscure personal details.
We also need to see the video. Can you post a link to it or provide the access details?
asifk
Thank you sir for swift response, I have now shared the required details

Video: http://tinypic.com/r/z1ylw/8

Front

Back

Kind Regards,
asifk
Dear Sirs, can you please suggest anything for me. Kind Regards
PASTMYBEST
I AM NOT AN EXPERT WAIT FOR OTHERS TO ADVISE As i see it the video starts at 07.37.22 and the contravention at 07.37.35 so at 07.37 you where not there the contravention as stated on the pcn did not occur( maybe)
clark_kent
QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Tue, 20 Jan 2015 - 23:17) *
I AM NOT AN EXPERT WAIT FOR OTHERS TO ADVISE As i see it the video starts at 07.37.22 and the contravention at 07.37.35 so at 07.37 you where not there the contravention as stated on the pcn did not occur( maybe)

07:37 covers the time span 07:37:00 to 07:37:59 so yes you are wrong

Incandescent
Forget the time, it is distance in the bus lane that counts. Looking at GSV and where you say you started entering it, you could appeal on de minimis, as you appear to have been in the bus lane towards its end, so it is only a matter of a few metres. However, as the council keep your cash, they will decline an appeal, so you'll have to go to PATAS. There, the adjudicator will view the video and make a decision as to whether it is de minimis or not.

Personally, having looked at the birds-eye view, I think you would lose at PATAS. You went into the bus lane too early. If you'd started to enter where the red car is in GSV, you would probably have succeeded with a de minimis appeal. If anybody tells you there is a 20 metre rule, forget it, I have yet to see it in any London policy document, only Bolton's.
asifk
Thank you all, I believe the best course of action would be to pay them this time and be careful next time around smile.gif

Thanks all
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.