Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CPS Midlands parking charge
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Hacked off 22
Hi all,

Thank god ive found this site! I could really do with some advice.

I work in the health care profession and recieved an emergency call from one of my workers yesterday morning. To cut a long story short i had to rush over there to assist her. I was told by my workplace to park in this specific car park. It did say "private" on the gatepost but i thought that was referring to the fact that the car park was for residents of the complex i was visiting.

Anyway, i parked there for 10 minutes, 10 MINUTES!!!!! When i came out i had a parking ticket from the lovely bloke from CPS midlands.

I took it into work and they are going to appeal it. I spoke to the company and explained it was an emergency situation and was there anything i can do to settle it without my work place getting involved but was told everything has to be put in writing.

My work have sent a letter contesting it.

I visited the car park today to Check what the warning signs say and guess what....... I had been there literally 1 minute and who comes screeching in the car park at a million miles per hour?? The lovely bloke that gave me the ticket. I watched him walk round the car park looking into cars and filming them on his IPHONE!! he didnt even have a proper camera!

I approached him very friendly and explained the situation and quite frankly id get more sense talking to a wall! He said theres nothing he can do and i shouldn't of parked there in the first place and that they will take me to court if i dont pay it.

My colleague who i was with got quite heated with him and basically said they cannot enforce it, nothing will come of it and that it will cost them too much to take me to court

He was getting wound up and walked off saying that we thought we were clever.

Everyone ive spoke to said to ignore it and quite frankly the way i feel now, Theres no way on gods green earth am i paying it.

Oh also, i told him that paying £60 for parking somewhere for 10 minutes is ridiculous and too steep and he just laughed and said well you shouldn't just park on someones propety and think oh well i don't care.

After reading here im concerned that people have recieved debt collectors letters. I really dont know what to do. I just want a quiet life. I dont need the hassle. Right before christmas too sad.gif

I was just going to pay it but after speaking to him today i am not going to make it that easy.

What should i do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks x
cabbyman
My prescription: deep breath!!!! ....And relax!

You won't be paying anything but, also, you won't be ignoring. Wait for the notice to keeper then appeal, which they will refuse. You then take it to a higher level and get it quashed. I won't go into more detail because I don't know if CPS are BPA or IPC. Someone else on here will know and will advise in detail.
Hacked off 22
QUOTE (cabbyman @ Tue, 23 Dec 2014 - 19:02) *
My prescription: deep breath!!!! ....And relax!

You won't be paying anything but, also, you won't be ignoring. Wait for the notice to keeper then appeal, which they will refuse. You then take it to a higher level and get it quashed. I won't go into more detail because I don't know if CPS are BPA or IPC. Someone else on here will know and will advise in detail.

Thank you for your reply. Ive calmed down a bit but then keep winding myself up when i keep reminding myself of things that he said. for example " you shouldn't barge your way onto someones land and just leave your car there" its a good job i had my work uniform on and had to keep a check on my language and attitude!

I think they may be BPA but not 100%. Im just worried about debt collectors. Im not bothered about them potentially taking me to court but ive never been in trouble with bailiffs or debt collectors and i dont intend to be now. Also we are getting a mortgage next year and someone told me they can affect your credit rating.

Thanks again for your reply smile.gif
cabbyman
Nope, pills not strong enough. Another prescription please nurse! Deep, deep breaths!!!

You obviously haven't read around the rest of the forum. Have a read. You will see that debt collectors and any mention thereof are just bluff and bluster. However, if You're that easy a touch, can I have your E mail address please? I can send my invoice for £1000 with lots of scary red writing and threats against your credit rating, bailiffs and your cat.

Seriously, if you follow the advice of the experts on the forum, this won't cost you a penny and your credit rating will be intact. But do some reading.

Hellfire8
BPA AOS members so is a very very easy win,

Are you appealing or are work dealing with it?
Hacked off 22
QUOTE (cabbyman @ Tue, 23 Dec 2014 - 20:36) *
Nope, pills not strong enough. Another prescription please nurse! Deep, deep breaths!!!

You obviously haven't read around the rest of the forum. Have a read. You will see that debt collectors and any mention thereof are just bluff and bluster. However, if You're that easy a touch, can I have your E mail address please? I can send my invoice for £1000 with lots of scary red writing and threats against your credit rating, bailiffs and your cat.

Seriously, if you follow the advice of the experts on the forum, this won't cost you a penny and your credit rating will be intact. But do some reading.

Its ok I'm calm now smile.gif

I will have a read of the forum and see what i can find. Im useless on the old law front to be honest.

QUOTE (Hellfire8 @ Tue, 23 Dec 2014 - 21:32) *
BPA AOS members so is a very very easy win,

Are you appealing or are work dealing with it?

What does that mean?

My work have sent a letter appealing it but they dont hold much hope. The only thing that may sway it is that the company i work for is a big company and i was hoping it may make the scum back off a bit. I was going to send my own letter but then they will know my name and address and i dont want them too so i think i will wait to see what response work get.

It says on the ticket that providing they get the letter within 14 days, the cost will remain at the reduced price till it is settled.
Hellfire8
Who's the RK of the vehicle? Is it a company car. the problem is you need to deal with it and get your work to back off, they'll undoubtedly cock it up
Hacked off 22
QUOTE (Hellfire8 @ Tue, 23 Dec 2014 - 22:44) *
Who's the RK of the vehicle? Is it a company car. the problem is you need to deal with it and get your work to back off, they'll undoubtedly cock it up

Its my car. I read the letter the management sent. It was more or less the same as what i would of said. They just explained the situation and why i was parked there. They didnt mention my name or any of my detalls. From what ive just read on here a few people have had the same off the same company and they reject every single appeal. Its my fault, i told work they should deal with it because it was in work tine and they sent me there. Plus, i thought it might of sounded better coming from a company rather than just myself?
Hellfire8
Don't worry, once it is rejected tell them you'll deal with it and I'll sort it for you :-)

Personally wait for them to send a NTK notice to Keeper within the next 28-56 days
Hacked off 22
QUOTE (Hellfire8 @ Tue, 23 Dec 2014 - 23:04) *
Don't worry, once it is rejected tell them you'll deal with it and I'll sort it for you :-)

Personally wait for them to send a NTK notice to Keeper within the next 28-56 days

Will do. Thanks very much for your help smile.gif

I will post updates as and when i get them. Out of interest, how long does it normally take for them to reply to the original letter appealing against it?
ManxRed
QUOTE (Hacked off 22 @ Tue, 23 Dec 2014 - 22:53)
1032636[/url]']
It was more or less the same as what i would of said.

But not necessarily what we would've said. And we've got a lot of experience in winning these appeals.
When it gets rejected, come back here, and tell work that we'll assist you in putting together the second stage appeal, which WILL win.

Hacked off 22
QUOTE (ManxRed @ Tue, 23 Dec 2014 - 23:19) *
QUOTE (Hacked off 22 @ Tue, 23 Dec 2014 - 22:53)
1032636[/url]']
It was more or less the same as what i would of said.

But not necessarily what we would've said. And we've got a lot of experience in winning these appeals.
When it gets rejected, come back here, and tell work that we'll assist you in putting together the second stage appeal, which WILL win.

Yes that's very true. Thank you so much for helping me. I really appreciate it and honestly i feel so much better now than i did this afternoon. You've all calmed me down ( and thats no mean feat smile.gif )

Your all very kind.
SchoolRunMum
Your workplace CANNOT appeal. Only the keeper or driver can appeal so this is a wasted interlude and could actually make you miss your appeal chance. Read this thread I wrote on MSE and submit this as well (yourself, not saying who was driving):

**NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou!

Then post #3 there shows you how to win at POPLA. Dead easy against a BPA firm, easy peasy!

Plus, i thought it might of sounded better coming from a company rather than just myself?

Nope, the appellant should be the driver or keeper. Not a third party.
cabbyman
QUOTE (Hacked off 22 @ Tue, 23 Dec 2014 - 22:37) *
Im useless on the old law front to be honest.

So what does my username say to you about law? ;-)
Hacked off 22
Im confused now.

Do i leave it and wait for the letter or send that thing off?
Hacked off 22
QUOTE (cabbyman @ Tue, 23 Dec 2014 - 23:55) *
QUOTE (Hacked off 22 @ Tue, 23 Dec 2014 - 22:37) *
Im useless on the old law front to be honest.

So what does my username say to you about law? ;-)

Haha i expect you know a hell of a lot more than me!!
youreds91
@Hacked Off I think you are under the impression this is a reputable company with some clout?
I'm guessing you're in Nottingham? Were you ticketed in or near Staples? ROKO? Hooters?

This firm is a 1 man 1 woman band.

Type CPS Midlands into the search box top right & have a read of the threads. Eventually you'll get to see one of their laughable Notice To Keeper threatograms. Full of lies, mistakes & contradictions, printed on an inket printer.
Google their address & you'll see that it's a virtual office on the old Shippo's brewery site, not far from where the 1 man & 1 woman live.

Hellfire8
Wait for the NTK they will ignore your works letter as they're technically not involved per SRM's post
ManxRed
Hang on, the OP has received a windscreen ticket and (work) has appealed it.

What makes people confident that a NtK will arrive?

@OP, they may well ignore your works appeal, they may accept it. Simply come back when the next letter arrives and tell us what it is and what it says.
youreds91
Spot the mistakes..

Hacked off 22
QUOTE (youreds91 @ Wed, 24 Dec 2014 - 07:37) *
@Hacked Off I think you are under the impression this is a reputable company with some clout?
I'm guessing you're in Nottingham? Were you ticketed in or near Staples? ROKO? Hooters?

This firm is a 1 man 1 woman band.

Type CPS Midlands into the search box top right & have a read of the threads. Eventually you'll get to see one of their laughable Notice To Keeper threatograms. Full of lies, mistakes & contradictions, printed on an inket printer.
Google their address & you'll see that it's a virtual office on the old Shippo's brewery site, not far from where the 1 man & 1 woman live.

No it was just off fletcher gate. I just hear debt collectors mentioned and go into panic mode! I can't bear the thought of having bad credit history or bailiffs at the door.

I was in the ng7 area yesterday snd i was SO tempted to go to that address and see if i could get any joy. I wonder if the bloke i was talking to yesterday who gave me the ticket is that alain then?

QUOTE (Hellfire8 @ Wed, 24 Dec 2014 - 08:11) *
Wait for the NTK they will ignore your works letter as they're technically not involved per SRM's post

Ok. Thank you

QUOTE (ManxRed @ Wed, 24 Dec 2014 - 09:32) *
Hang on, the OP has received a windscreen ticket and (work) has appealed it.

What makes people confident that a NtK will arrive?

@OP, they may well ignore your works appeal, they may accept it. Simply come back when the next letter arrives and tell us what it is and what it says.

I will do. Thank you
nosferatu1001
Wow, "charge certificate"? Naughty words, that's an official term not allowed for use by scummy companies like these.

Laughable.
ManxRed
Debt Collectors are NOT bailiffs.

Debt Collectors (in this case) have the power to send letters asking you to pay a debt which hasn't even been ratified by a court as being a genuine debt. It is only an 'alleged' debt - think of a complete stranger walking up to you in a pub and saying "Oy, don't you owe me fifty quid?" It has the same legitimacy.

We've not encountered ANY examples where a debt collector pursuing a private parking ticket turned up at someone's house. They have no powers.

A bailiff, on the other hand, is someone who is (usually!) acting with a court warrant, which means that the victim has been taken to court, lost, and then still refused to pay. This won't happen to you, so no bailiff is ever going to turn up. Similarly, unless you've signed a loan or credit arrangement with a company, and then defaulted on the payments, no one can simply 'get' a CCJ registered against you, without first taking you to court, winning, and then you refusing to pay up.

You may get Debt Collector letters, that's it. Loads of people get them.
Hellfire8
A NTK should still be sent even if her employers send a letter as the employers have no right to appeal (neither the driver or the keeper)

However I wonder if it is worth sending an appeal now just incase they "fail" to send a NTK. Which if they do they can not hold the RK liable and it's not like this tin pot outfit even try court.
ManxRed
Anyone can send an appeal in. The PPC can choose whether to accept it or not. I'm not aware of any rule that says they have to disregard it.
youreds91
QUOTE (Hacked off 22 @ Wed, 24 Dec 2014 - 10:21) *
No it was just off fletcher gate. I just hear debt collectors mentioned and go into panic mode! I can't bear the thought of having bad credit history or bailiffs at the door.

I was in the ng7 area yesterday snd i was SO tempted to go to that address and see if i could get any joy. I wonder if the bloke i was talking to yesterday who gave me the ticket is that alain then?

Where on Fletcher Gate? Just curious, go here > http://goo.gl/maps/aZQcB move the view around till you are looking at where you got done, then click the little chain link symbol to create a new link & post it here.

As for getting a bad credit history and/or Baliffs at your door, the following needs to happen.

1. CPS issue a small claim (very unlikely)
2. It gets as far as court & you lose.
3. You don't pay within 28 days.

I ignored my ticket & scary NTK, have a guess how my credit history is looking. Although the proper advice is to not ignore, I took that choice.
Hacked off 22
Click to view attachment
QUOTE (ManxRed @ Wed, 24 Dec 2014 - 10:32) *
Debt Collectors are NOT bailiffs.

Debt Collectors (in this case) have the power to send letters asking you to pay a debt which hasn't even been ratified by a court as being a genuine debt. It is only an 'alleged' debt - think of a complete stranger walking up to you in a pub and saying "Oy, don't you owe me fifty quid?" It has the same legitimacy.

We've not encountered ANY examples where a debt collector pursuing a private parking ticket turned up at someone's house. They have no powers.

A bailiff, on the other hand, is someone who is (usually!) acting with a court warrant, which means that the victim has been taken to court, lost, and then still refused to pay. This won't happen to you, so no bailiff is ever going to turn up. Similarly, unless you've signed a loan or credit arrangement with a company, and then defaulted on the payments, no one can simply 'get' a CCJ registered against you, without first taking you to court, winning, and then you refusing to pay up.

You may get Debt Collector letters, that's it. Loads of people get them.

Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up for me smile.gif

QUOTE (youreds91 @ Wed, 24 Dec 2014 - 14:30) *
QUOTE (Hacked off 22 @ Wed, 24 Dec 2014 - 10:21) *

Where on Fletcher Gate? Just curious, go here > http://goo.gl/maps/aZQcB move the view around till you are looking at where you got done, then click the little chain link symbol to create a new link & post it here.

As for getting a bad credit history and/or Baliffs at your door, the following needs to happen.

1. CPS issue a small claim (very unlikely)
2. It gets as far as court & you lose.
3. You don't pay within 28 days.

I ignored my ticket & scary NTK, have a guess how my credit history is looking. Although the proper advice is to not ignore, I took that choice.

Click to view attachment

This is the car park i parked in. Ive found some info out today at work. Apparently the company that face the car park see a car in the car park that they dont know, ring this guy and he turns up and sticks a ticket on. That explains how he was there so fast yesterday when i went back.

Also, he had no uniform, no I.D badge, an un marked van. How do i stand with that? He could of just been some random thug looking in everyones cars.
ManxRed
QUOTE (Hacked off 22 @ Wed, 24 Dec 2014 - 16:38) *
He could of just been some random thug looking in everyones cars.

That's probably a very accurate description.

The ID/uniform thing isn't relevant really, welcome to the shady world of private parking.
youreds91
This is the car park i parked in. Ive found some info out today at work. Apparently the company that face the car park see a car in the car park that they dont know, ring this guy and he turns up and sticks a ticket on. That explains how he was there so fast yesterday when i went back.

Also, he had no uniform, no I.D badge, an un marked van. How do i stand with that? He could of just been some random thug looking in everyones cars.

Wouldn't it be fun to drive in, park up, unscrew your numberplates & then look at his face when he pitches up.

Here's the link to streetview http://goo.gl/maps/iBSmI

Not wishing to pass judgement here, but you have to drive past the entrance to the huge Fletcher Gate multi storey to get to that car park..
ManxRed
That signage is very poor.
Hacked off 22
QUOTE (ManxRed @ Wed, 24 Dec 2014 - 16:57) *
He could of just been some random thug looking in everyones cars.

That's probably a very accurate description.

The ID/uniform thing isn't relevant really, welcome to the shady world of private parking.

Thats the nice description wink.gif i was being very diplomatic and making myself not say what i really want to smile.gif

QUOTE (youreds91 @ Wed, 24 Dec 2014 - 16:57) *

Wouldn't it be fun to drive in, park up, unscrew your numberplates & then look at his face when he pitches up.

Here's the link to streetview http://goo.gl/maps/iBSmI

Not wishing to pass judgement here, but you have to drive past the entrance to the huge Fletcher Gate multi storey to get to that car park..

I know, my work wont pay for any parking passes so we are not allowed to park in multi storey car parks. I honestly thought the car park i was in belonged to the apartments that back onto it, it makes sense. And as i was going into 1 of the apartments i thought everything was ok.
Hellfire8

I'm not far from here....... and I have leave for Xmas/NY & my Birthday coming up.....
Hacked off 22
QUOTE (Hellfire8 @ Wed, 24 Dec 2014 - 17:25) *

I'm not far from here....... and I have leave for Xmas/NY & my Birthday coming up.....

Its my birthday beginning of Jan and im on annual leave too. I might get a sleeping bag and become a squatter in the car park. Whats he gonna do? Stick a ticket on my Head? laugh.gif
youreds91
QUOTE (ManxRed @ Wed, 24 Dec 2014 - 16:58) *
That signage is very poor.

Streetview is July 2012, I'm sure there are CPS signs all over now.
Here's one using the trusty chequered border http://goo.gl/maps/9GoQ2 , they also operate at the climbing centre next door if you spin the view round. I think the CPS bloke spends his days here unless he gets a field call to The Lace Market, just a few minutes drive away.
hoohoo
This is the car park i parked in.

Interesting that the signage states parking is £20 per week. Might be worth making enquiries from the estate agent to see who the letting contract is with.
matt285
I agree with the above, the appeal that was sent in was neither helpful nor relevant. In order to move this ahead the OP needs to write to them challenging the ticket as the Keeper of the vehicle. The OP must not wait to get a Notice to Keeper (there may be none) and do this now because the PPC may decide to send a reply to the OP's employers which may get lost causing them to time out to appeal.

"Dear Sir or Madam,

I am the Registered Keeper of the vehicle with registration mark XYZ and I have been given your Notice to Driver dated XX/XX/2014 alleging a parking event of the car of which I am the Registered Keeper.

Please be advised that I wish to challenge / appeal this ticket on the following grounds:

(a) you will have failed to constitute a contract with the land owner giving you the rights to enforce parking on the site
(b) the ticket is clearly an unenforceable penalty and is in no relation to your loss on that matter which will be zero or negligible

On this basis, you must now cancel this ticket or otherwise provide me with the means to refer the matter to the independent arbitrator.

Should I not hear from you within reasonable time then I will assume you have decided to cancel this ticket.

Yours faithfully,

XYZ
Registered Keeper"

Make sure you get a free Proof of Posting when dropping off the letter at any Post Office. Come back when they reply to that letter.

And relax. You won't pay a penny.
youreds91
QUOTE (hoohoo @ Thu, 25 Dec 2014 - 10:44) *
Interesting that the signage states parking is £20 per week. Might be worth making enquiries from the estate agent to see who the letting contract is with.

That view is from 2012, doubt it's the same now.
SchoolRunMum
Just to confirm, appeal, and don't worry about debt collectors, look here:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=24362

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQHnn7URlBc...VkyV-gMuf7g85aA

HTH
Hacked off 22
Thanks everyone. Will update this thread when i hear anything back from them.
Hacked off 22
Hiya,

Long overdue update. I never recieved a letter, however,I must of rang the number from the board in the car park 20 times and there was no answer it just kept ringing and ringing and didn't go to voicemail. I tried again at 6am one morning and bingo,he must of switched his phone off and I got his voicemail. I left a message just explaining who I was and that I had been trying to contact him numerous times and told him I wanted to speak to him regarding this parking ticket he issued with me as I had sought advice from others. He rang the next day and left the snottiest, most aggressive voicemail that basically said if I don't send him the money I owe him then he will have no choice but to find my address and come to see me face to face. Now in my opinion, that is a very threatening thing to say to someone. I in no way condone threatening behaviour, intimidation or violence but this leads me on to the final bit of the ordeal. I happened to play the voicemail to my other half as I was a bit upset. More about the fact that he could find out where we live more than anything. He wasn't impressed and left the bloke a voicemail but he never got back to us. A couple of weeks later we were at a family party and I thought it would be a funny story to tell everyone. How wrong I was. To cut a long story short. My other half,my dad and my 2 uncle's went to the said carpark on a Monday morning,they got there for 8.30am, parked up and waited for him to show up. Bang on 09.05am he turned up. I don't know what was said or what happened but I've not heard anything from him since 😂 I made them all promise faithfully to me that they wouldn't do anything stupid and all I got told was " we didnt have to do anything other than talk." Apparently he was very apologetic and even asked if he could ring me to apologise but my other half told him that wouldn't be needed.

All that's left is for me to thank you all for your help, understanding and advice. You were all brilliant. Thank you smile.gif
dandyman
Well that's one way of solving the problem! biggrin.gif
Jlc
Raising the standards in the private parking industry...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.