Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN - 7mins after expiration - Contravention Code 5
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
cc120
I was signing on and lost track of time after 4.20 (appt 4.10). Parking ticket expiry 4.30. Came out whilst parking warden was photographing car at 4.37, ticket time 4.37. A man watching offered to be a witness that I came out whilst car was being photographed (gave me mobile number). This man insisted that the warden make a note on the system that I run out whilst the warden was taking photographs and the warden seemed to do this.

Have I any hope of cancellation and on what grounds?

PCN Side 1

PCN Side 2
Hippocrates
I am not entirely sure what you are trying to say about the warden's conduct. He had probably already issued the PCN and was taking photographs of it in situ. Standard procedure.
cc120
QUOTE (Hippocrates @ Thu, 18 Dec 2014 - 21:08) *
I am not entirely sure what you are trying to say about the warden's conduct. He had probably already issued the PCN and was taking photographs of it in situ. Standard procedure.

Was just saying that he was still completing the PCN procedure when I came out.
Incandescent
All you can do is challenge it on the basis that the PCN was issued at the expiry time of the ticket which is surely wrong. Enclose a copy of your parking ticket, as this shows the expiry of time. They might have a policy for time expiry, look on their website.
cc120
QUOTE (Incandescent @ Thu, 18 Dec 2014 - 22:51) *
All you can do is challenge it on the basis that the PCN was issued at the expiry time of the ticket which is surely wrong. Enclose a copy of your parking ticket, as this shows the expiry of time. They might have a policy for time expiry, look on their website.

Hi Incandescent, do you 7 mins after the expiry time of 4.30, ie 4.37?
clark_kent
You came back 7 minutes late, why would you want someone to witness that?! laugh.gif
Incandescent
QUOTE (cc120 @ Fri, 19 Dec 2014 - 00:10) *

I understood the PCN time and your ticket expiry time was the same, if not then you have a problem. There is no statutory allowance for over-running the time on the ticket.
cc120
QUOTE (Incandescent @ Fri, 19 Dec 2014 - 10:24) *
QUOTE (cc120 @ Fri, 19 Dec 2014 - 00:10) *

I understood the PCN time and your ticket expiry time was the same, if not then you have a problem. There is no statutory allowance for over-running the time on the ticket.

Hi Incandescent, so basically I will have to pay?
Mad Mick V
The sign would have to be something like this:-

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Arundel...#33;6m1!1e1

Which indicates a P&D facility not the type noted in this thread:-

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...p;#entry1031424

Mick
cc120
QUOTE (Mad Mick V @ Fri, 19 Dec 2014 - 15:48) *
The sign would have to be something like this:-

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Arundel...#33;6m1!1e1

Which indicates a P&D facility not the type noted in this thread:-

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...p;#entry1031424

Mick

Not looking good for me Mad Mick V

Sign
hcandersen
You can make a risk-free challenge within the 14-day period - see the back of the PCN.

I suggest you challenge on the basis that to the best of your recollection you returned to your car only a minute or two after the expiry of your ticket - you'd been attending a meeting in the Job Centre which had overrun. You should be grateful if the authority would exercise its discretion on this occasion and cancel the PCN.

This is designed to test the scope of info in the CEO's notebook/computer. This must state the period of observation and the expiry time of your ticket because although not required in the PCN they are essential to the authority in reaching a decision on a challenge.
cc120
QUOTE (hcandersen @ Fri, 19 Dec 2014 - 23:57) *
You can make a risk-free challenge within the 14-day period - see the back of the PCN.

I suggest you challenge on the basis that to the best of your recollection you returned to your car only a minute or two after the expiry of your ticket - you'd been attending a meeting in the Job Centre which had overrun. You should be grateful if the authority would exercise its discretion on this occasion and cancel the PCN.

This is designed to test the scope of info in the CEO's notebook/computer. This must state the period of observation and the expiry time of your ticket because although not required in the PCN they are essential to the authority in reaching a decision on a challenge.

Thank you hcandersen, that's excellent, at the very least it will extend the payment period. I certainly hope that the warden notes, after my witnesses and I urged him to make a note on the system, didn't mention the 7 mins and simply stated I arrived whilst he was taking photos.
Should I mention I have a witness?
cc120
The Rookie
Don't mention a witness that is irrelevant
cc120
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Sun, 21 Dec 2014 - 09:05) *
Don't mention a witness that is irrelevant

Thank you The Rookie. I will definitely send the appeal as hcandersen has so kindly and helpfully suggested, but it did occur to me that one of the photos taken will probably be of my parking ticket on the dashboard. But still worth a try.

I will send the appeal you so helpfully suggest. But it did occur to me that one of the photos taken will probably be of my parking ticket on the dashboard. But still worth a try. Thank you again.
cc120

REPLY:
Dear

Penalty Charge Notice No. Date of Issue 18/12/2014 at 16:37
Location of Contravention Medina Road [Zone F]

Thank you for your letter regarding the above Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).

The PCN was issued because you were parked at a shared use bay after the expiry of paid for time. A PCN can be issued as soon as time expires. There is no grace period offered.

Your ticket expired at 16:30 and this PCN was issued at 16:37. Having reviewed the evidence I am satisfied that this PCN was issued correctly.

However on discretionary grounds I have decided to cancel the PCN on this occasion. Please be careful to ensure that you pay to cover any unexpected delays in future to avoid this happening again or you may wish to consider using the pay by phone system which allows drivers to extend parking time remotely.

As the ticket has now been cancelled, there is no need for you to take any further action.

Yours sincerely

Graham Shelmerdine
Correspondence and Appeals Officer
Islington Parking Services
PO Box 2019
PERSHORE
WR10 9BN

Tel: 0207 527 2000
Email: Islingtonparking@civica-rm.co.uk
hcandersen
biggrin.gif
cc120
QUOTE (hcandersen @ Mon, 12 Jan 2015 - 18:24) *
biggrin.gif

Double biggrin.gif
And double thank you xxx
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.