Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Faulty ticket machine Nottinghamshire county council
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Simo429
Hi posted this on another forum but was told this was the place to ask

Yesterday when parking in a Nottinghamshire county council car park I put my money in and it said not in service (not out of order). Thinking that it was the second to last weekend before christmas and that it is a car park about a mile out of the city centre I thought they may have it free. (it is only a pound to park all day on a sunday)

Got back to the car and mine and every other car in the car park had a parking ticket. I then went to re examine the machine it still said not in service and I took a picture, there was a number on the machine for if you couldnt use the machine (which I hadn't read before) I tried to ring it but low and behold it was a sunday so the office wasn't manned anyway.

I was wondering what people thought my chances were of getting off, there isn't another Nottingham county council car park to my knowledge within a couple of mile radius and it is the only machine in the car park.
Mad Mick V
Post up the PCN without personal details.

You have to be very clear on three points:-

(a) There was not a working ticket machine in the car park;

(b) There was not a Council employee taking cash payment;

© There was not a pay by phone alternative.

This TRO for a Council in Nottinghamshire indicates (Articles 28 -30) what usually happens with a broken machine:-

http://www.broxtowe.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.as...d=23715&p=0

Might be different for another Council so it's worth getting the relevant Order.

Mick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.