Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking Eye Advice Hospital Parking Fine
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Gadget_Daddy
Hiya,

Im looking for advice for a family friend her and my wife visited their friend in hospital, they drove into the hostpial and parked up no barriers or ticket machines then once visiting was over they went to the Parking Eye machine in the hospital popped in the reg number and was told the charge was £3 they fed the machine the £3 and where not issed with any receipts or anything, they then went to the car and exited the hospital again no barriers or anything, my wifes friend the received a letter from them about 3 weeks later saying she had parked at the hospital and it showed a picture of her car entering and leaving the car park.
She appealed via the online form telling them that she was an honest person and had payed and for them to check their records and any cctv, they then issed the following letter (which I hope I have attached to this message)

So the question Im asking for her is what should she do?

Best regards
Pete
Gan
Dear Sir

Ref *****

I note your offensive letter dated ****
I am not used to having my integrity questioned

Cancel the parking notice or provide the validation code to refer the matter to POPLA

The situation is entirely the result of your own equipment's failure.
As you have chosen to further inconvenience me, you can pay £27 to see the evidence that I will send with my appeal

Yours Faithfully

The evidence will be your wife's statement that she saw the registration number entered and the payment made
Gadget_Daddy
lol...wow thats a stern letter...!!!

I suppose thats how you have to deal with these people eh..?

As a matter of interest how do you get to the £27 fee????
Gan
They pay POPLA £27 + VAT to deal with the appeal
Gadget_Daddy
ah ok so does she need to do anything regarding POPLA or just send that letter to Parking Eye and wait and should she request CCTV from the hospital ?

thanks for you input
farmerboy
QUOTE (Gan @ Sun, 14 Dec 2014 - 18:49) *
The evidence will be your wife's statement that she saw the registration number entered and the payment made

You will also be using the winning argument of asking PE to prove their losses on your alleged parking incident. You paid, there was no loss. PE currently don't even bother to send evidence to POPLA so easy win.
DBC
Once again Parking Eye are asking someone to prove a negative (that you did not break their T&Cs) . Idiots!
Gadget_Daddy
Hi, I am gadget_daddy's wife and the lady who actually put the money in the machine.
Thank you all for your help and advice on this matter as it is quite upsetting knowing that you have done something and being accused of not doing it.
farmerboy
Its possible the reg was put in wrong so the anpr camera and the reg don't match and a ticket is issued. Their flawed system is designed to catch you out. If you make an error that's £100 please. However youve come to right place to deal with it.
Gan
QUOTE (Gadget_Daddy @ Sun, 14 Dec 2014 - 19:10) *
ah ok so does she need to do anything regarding POPLA or just send that letter to Parking Eye and wait and should she request CCTV from the hospital ?

thanks for you input

She just sends that letter

She can't do anything about POPLA until ParkingEye reject the challenge and send the access code

A witness statement would be enough but good idea to wind up the hospital by requesting the CCTV
Gadget_Daddy
Thank you all so very much, their system is pants then if it does not recognise if a car reg is not correct but also the letter states that nothing like that reg is on their system. cctv will clearly show myself and my friend at the machine in the hospital foyer/reception at the pay meter doing so. Once reg was entered it asked for the amount due, i paid the cash , no receipt then it just went back to the main screen for the next person to use.

I will get her to write back to them with the stated above and also advising that the hospital has been contact to verify the cctv footage of us paying.
Thanks again
emanresu
You should also complain to the Hospital. Do not get fobbed off with it PE's issue. Complain all the way up the chain starting at the PALS department, the Estates, CEO and then your local MP. Especially if this is Burton.

PE are taking in between £250,000 and £1mn plus from any hospital they are infesting. None of the money goes back to the NHS or the car parks upkeep. They have been conned into paying for a few signs and faulty payment machines.
Gadget_Daddy
thanks again I will
Half_way
Was this Burton Hospital?

Read this from the plain language commission:
http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/plcdev/a...italEd1copy.pdf

Also read this
http://tinyurl.com/m6l8w94
Gadget_Daddy
thanks for the links but no it was "North Tees"
emanresu
It is so confusing (deliberately so) that North Tees have been issued this helpful flowchart. You can work out where you are and what the next stage is. But I'd stick with Gan's letter and anything that makes them go round in a loop

Gadget_Daddy
16th December 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Reference

I note your offensive letter dates 8th December 2014.

I am not used to having my integrity Quested

Cancel the parking notice or provide the validation code to refer the matter to POPLA

The situation is entirely the result of your own equipment’s failure.

As you have chosen to further inconvenience me, you can pay £27 to see the evidence that I will send with my appeal.

Yours faithfully

CC: Pals – North Tees General Hospital
CEO – North Tees General Hospital
Councillor Harrington and Councillor Wharton

Is this ok?

Thank you all very much for all your help, it is really appreciated

letter to hospital PALS team
I am writing to you in hope that you may be of some assistance in a problem I am currently having. I visited a work colleague on 11/11/2012 and arrived at 17:56 and left at 19:18.

I was with a colleague from work and we went to the parking meter which is situated in the reception next to the florist and paid for our parking. I have since received a fine saying that I never paid. For this reason may I request under the freedom of information act a copy of the CCTV footage from that area, which will prove myself and my colleague did in fact pay for the parking.

I look forward to a favourable response at your earliest convenience.

Yours faithfully

thanks again
SchoolRunMum
I am not used to having my integrity Quested

should be 'questioned'
Albert Ross
I imagine that a reply stating that the area is covered by "Pan Tilt and Zoom Cameras which were not focused in the area which you are requesting..."
The cost of editing a video of that amount of time to anonymise the persons and other Identifying Data would be prohibitively expensive and so we refuse.

But I suspect that the machine at that time was suffering from a coin-jam. If it were out of tickets, it wouldn't accept your money.
If it was a coin jam, it wouldn't count up on the display, or print a ticket. But the jam would hold the money.
For the Trust
There is now a code of Practice form the Information Commisioner. Version 1 15/10/2014.
The unwarranted use of CCTV and other forms of surveillance cameras has led to a strengthening of the regulatory landscape through the passing of the Protection of Freedoms Act (POFA). The POFA has seen the introduction of a new surveillance camera code issued by the Secretary of State since June 2013 and the appointment of a Surveillance Camera Commissioner to promote the code and review its operation and impact. The ICO has contributed to this tougher regulatory landscape by taking enforcement action to restrict the unwarranted and excessive use of increasingly powerful and affordable surveillance technologies.

Remind the Trust of this bit:
This code also reflects the wider regulatory environment. When using, or intending to use surveillance systems, many organisations also need to consider their obligations in relation to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA), the POFA, the Human Rights Act 1998 (HRA) and the Surveillance Camera Code of Practice issued under the Protection of Freedoms Act (POFA code).

This code also covers the use of camera related surveillance equipment including:
 Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR);
 body worn video (BWV);
 unmanned aerial systems (UAS); and
 other systems that capture information of identifiable individuals or information relating to individuals.
7.1 ANPR system
....The amount of data collected, analysed and used, the increased ease with which ANPR systems can now be linked to databases,
...When storing the information and cross referencing it with other databases to identify individuals, you will need to ensure that these databases are kept up-to-date and accurate and are of sufficient quality to prevent mismatches.

I assert that the database link between the payment machine near the florist and the ANPR Camera are neither accurate or of sufficient quality. the maintenance recording of the machine is automatic and the log will show that the machine was maintained in someway at or about the time of visiting.
This of course could be determined by the number of transactions at that machine, in the relevant time too.
I welcome your reply especially with regard to your new spirit of Candour.
Gadget_Daddy
thanks once again for taking the time to reply
Gadget_Daddy
My friend has got a reply from them over the weekend basically saying they reject what we say. I will have a copy of the letter tomorrow and we have heard nothing from Pals or the CEO.
Thank you again
ManxRed
Have they provided a POPLA code?

If they have you can kill this off, and cost them money.
If they haven't, it's time for formal complaints.
Gadget_Daddy
I believe they have yes, I have not seen the letter yet, she is bringing into work tomorrow. I will scan it and post it when I get home. thank you all so much for your help, we really do appreciate it. Just so annoying when you know you have paid. I have seen on a face book page locally that they have done it to someone else.
ManxRed
If they've got a POPLA code they'll be fine.

They do it to loads of people. It's how they earn a living.
Gadget_Daddy
Here is what we got as reply to letter.

thanks again
kommando
They need to get a move on, they cannot use mitigating circumstances, they need to go to the completed cases sub forum and use the examples of winning cases and post their appeal here for critique.

This 'She appealed via the online form telling them that she was an honest person and had payed and for them to check their records and any cctv,' will not work.
Gan
Didn't the BPA issue instructions to operators regarding precisely this situation ?
Gadget_Daddy
These are the other bits. I have spoken to her and she thought she was filling in an on line form to get someone to contact her not directly appealing on-line.

Do we just fill the forms in and hope for the best now with a letter from myself also as her witness, as we have not heard anything from the hospital ? Thank you again
Gadget_Daddy
Does this look ok to send back please?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you with response to your letter dated 2nd January which took over a week to receive.

I note on the letter is says I have 14 days as a goodwill gesture to reply, however on the POPLA details it says I have 28 days to send my appeal in.

As I am still awaiting correspondence from the hospital I request a further 28 days please to send in my appeal. The appeal form you say I filled in on line was the only way to communicate with yourselves and this was sent as correspondence and not as an appeal.

On arrival there was nothing as the barriers to say you pay on arrival. May I ask why you would do this when you have no idea how long you would be staying. On leaving the hospital we entered the car details as will be logged on your system and we left 5 minutes after doing this and paying the £3 charge.

I do have a witness statement and as previously corresponded to yourselves am not happy at having my integrity questioned in such a way.

I look forward to hearing from you’re at your earliest convenience.

Yours faithfully

Thanks again to you all for your help
Gan
From Post #2

The situation is entirely the result of your own equipment's failure.
As you have chosen to further inconvenience me, you can pay £27 to see the evidence that I will send with my appeal

There's nothing goodwill about their letter

They haven't offered 14 days to reply
They've offered 14 days to pay them at a discount
Just remember whose fault it is that you're in this situation

Don't contact them again
You can win this easily at POPLA without waiting to hear from the hospital
Gadget_Daddy
So we just fill the on line popla form in and send with my statement confirming what we did?
I will do this tomorrow at work with colleague. They are just so frustrating!

her brother went for an appointment which the hospital cancelled so he said he wasn't paying, so the hospital told him it was fine, don' pay, just leave, but he refused and said you will take my picture leaving then fine me and he was told no they wont!!! Joke. The hospital finally gave him a contact number for Parking Eye which is not a payment line.

Thank you so much, she has been so worried about all of this.
Gan
Read some threads for examples of winning POPLA appeals

The account that she made the payment as instructed and entered the registration details and it kept the money must be made very clear

Include the witness statement that this is what happened

You're not up against a deadline yet so make sure you do it properly rather than quickly

You can always post it here so the appeal can be refined
Gadget_Daddy
Thank you.
We will do it tomorrow and I will post tomorrow evening.
Thanks again, very much appreciated
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.