Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN Loading Bay Brixton
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
subz
Hi Guys

Got a PCN through my door last night for being parked in a loading bay in Brixton. It was on a Sunday and I thought parking was allowed but I must have been mistaken. I was genuinely unloading and have a refund receipt from Argos as I was bringing goods back but I was waiting in the car after this while my other half took some other items back to a few other shops. Is this a legitimate reason for being parked here or will I have to pay?
Ive attached the PCN
Im also worried if I challenge this and lose I will have to pay full whack at £130 rather than the discounted £65?
Thanks
The_Rik
What is the date of contravention and when did you get the notice?
Incandescent
You've blanked out too much ! Only blank out the PCN Number, and name/address/car details.
subz
Date of contravention is 23/11/14 at 14:28 and date of notice is 04/12/14 and I got it last night 09/12/14

Ill upload it again without so much hidden

PCN attached
Bluedart
QUOTE (subz @ Wed, 10 Dec 2014 - 13:54) *
Date of contravention is 23/11/14 at 14:28 and date of notice is 04/12/14 and I got it last night 09/12/14

Ill upload it again without so much hidden

PCN attached

You have a regulation 10 PCN/NtO. Therefore you have 21 days as is stated, to claim the discounted carrot or you have 28 days in which to make an appeal, which may give you a bit longer after you receive a notice of rejection to get the reoffered discounted carrot.
subz
Thanks, what do you think of my changes of winning the appeal?
Incandescent
QUOTE (subz @ Wed, 10 Dec 2014 - 16:33) *
Thanks, what do you think of my changes of winning the appeal?

You have grounds for an appeal in that you were unloading goods to take back to Argos, but to explain the lengthy stop time, you'll need documentation for the other places your wife visited. Why not appeal now within the discount period based on what you have said here ? In almost all cases, the council will re-offer the discount if rejecting your appeal. If they do, you have to decide whether to fold and pay-up, or fight on at PATAS, but risk the full PCN amount if you lose there. Only when the council response to your appeal is seen here can we advise further, but your case is reasonably strong.
subz
thanks I will do
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.