Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bus Lane Enforcement - Hope Street, Glasgow
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
ekalexm
Hi,

I have been issued with a Bus Lane Enforcement for Hope Street, Glasgow and intend to appeal. I made the mistake of entering the bus lane on Hope Street for a short time before taking the first available right turn into St Vincent Street. I was unable to switch to the left hand Waterloo Street turn as it was blocked by a bus. The following turn into Gordon Street is for taxis only.

Ordinarily I would pay this fine, but am incandescent at the ruthless manner in which Glasgow City Council is targeting motorists to boost their pre-Xmas coffers.

I attach a copy of the Charge Notice with personal information blocked out. I would be grateful for any advice on how best to proceed with an appeal.

Many thanks,
Alex
StuartBu
QUOTE (ekalexm @ Sun, 7 Dec 2014 - 20:07) *
Hi,

I have been issued with a Bus Lane Enforcement for Hope Street, Glasgow and intend to appeal. I made the mistake of entering the bus lane on Hope Street for a short time before taking the first available right turn into St Vincent Street. I was unable to switch to the left hand Waterloo Street turn as it was blocked by a bus. The following turn into Gordon Street is for taxis only.

Ordinarily I would pay this fine, but am incandescent at the ruthless manner in which Glasgow City Council is targeting motorists to boost their pre-Xmas coffers.

I attach a copy of the Charge Notice with personal information blocked out. I would be grateful for any advice on how best to proceed with an appeal.

Many thanks,
Alex

It's actually a Bus Gate http://goo.gl/maps/vx7Ca

Was it not posssible to sit behind the bus until you could access the detour round Waterloo Street to Bothwell Street.

There is no attachment as you state ..Best to use an external image host like Photobucket and post the links starting and ending with [IMG] and the images will appear ....post ALL the paperwork you have received and you will get advice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.