Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forgot to display Blue Badge in council car park
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
ClaraW
Hello everyone

The car was parked on a council car park in a disabled person's parking space. Unfortunately the Blue Badge was completely forgotten about as the mobility scooter was assembled and the disabled person, having been very poorly for months had not been into the town for months, and had forgotten the need to display it.

I thought a polite letter to the council's parking services asking for them to use their discretion and to cancel the PCN would be an appropriate first response.

This oversight will not happen again

I have recently had a private parking charge cancelled thanks to the help on this and several other forums, but I realise that this is entirely different.

Here is a redacted copy of my proposed letter. I would welcome any comments please.

Dear Sir
This PCN was placed on the car as identified above, for being

parked in a disabled person’s parking space without clearly displaying a valid disabled person’s badge

This is the first time the Blue Badge holder has forgotten to display the Blue Badge when parking in a disabled person’s parking space. It happened because the disabled person has been very poorly for several months and hasn’t been able to go into the town for any reason. On this occasion the disabled person needed help to assemble a mobility scooter and the Blue Badge was forgotten. It had been several months since the disabled person had needed to remember to display the Blue Badge.

The Blue Badge was recently renewed with North Lincolnshire Council and the car is recorded as one of two that it may be used in, on the computer records. A photograph of the badge is attached.

The car was displaying a tax disc that showed it was in the disabled category. A photograph of the tax disc is attached.

Please could you use your discretion to cancel this PCN, as it is a first offence and is not going to happen again.

Many thanks
DancingDad
Seems like as good a starting point as many we see.

Post up the PCN please and location to the car park so we can look over for any technical issues.

Any photos of the bay and parking information board would be useful as well.
ClaraW
Thank you for replying

I have added the PCN below and asap will add the other evidence asked for.
Incandescent
Seems a suitable appeal. Being a bit short of 70, I, too, get memory lapses, so councils should recognise this. They may cancel, but are under no obligation to do so. However, they are under a legal obligation "to consider", so if this appeal is refused, we need to see it. "Failure to consider" is a procedural impropriety and grounds for a successful appeal at adjudication.
hcandersen
The date of the PCN please. There is no reason to redact non-personal information.
ClaraW
Thank you to all posters from Saturday which have been lost due to the system problems. I did read all posts before they disappeared.

Just about to send in my polite appeal.
ClaraW
rolleyes.gif
Result! This afternoon I received a letter saying that the PCN for parking in a disabled person's bay without displaying a blue badge, has been cancelled. I feel so relieved and want to thank everyone for their advice and support. Yet again Pepipoo rocks!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.