Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN Hillingdon London
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
brazilian_driver
Hello!

Its my first time posting here so please forgive any mistakes.

I have been issued a ticket regarding contravention 27: "parked in a special enforcement area adjacent to a footway, cycle track or verge lowered to meet the level of the car carriageway".
The place where I park have no signs at all, no yellow lines or any kind of footway demarcation. I am uploading pictures so you guys can give your opinion.
As you guys can see from the first picture, my car's bumper is right aligned exactly where the kerb starts to drop, maybe a few inches ahead but nothing that would seriously impact someone.
PS: I do acknowledge that the car is a bit distant from the kerb, but I believe it wouldnt be the reason for the ticket penalty. I will take pictures tomorrow of the place and post it here as well.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Thanks everyone!
orford
As you say the car is barely encroaching on the shoulder kerb. The contravention only occurs when the vehicle blocks the lowered section that is level with the carriageway.

Appeal on the grounds that the contravention did not occur.

Check Hillingdon's website for the council's pictures
brazilian_driver
QUOTE (orford @ Tue, 18 Nov 2014 - 20:55) *
As you say the car is barely encroaching on the shoulder kerb. The contravention only occurs when the vehicle blocks the lowered section that is level with the carriageway.

Appeal on the grounds that the contravention did not occur.

Check Hillingdon's website for the council's pictures

Thanks for your help orford!
Those pictures are from hillingdon's website.

So if I appeal based on the fact that the "contravention only occurs when the vehicle blocks the lowered section that is level with the carriageway" they should accept it? What about if it was some kind of resident complaint, do they take in consideration?

Thanks again!!!
hcandersen
It's nothing to do with blocking anything.

A motorist must not park so that any part of their vehicle is adjacent to the prohibited area at a dropped kerb.

The prohibited area is that part of the footway which is level with the carriageway.

The sloping kerbstones mark the boundaries of the prohibited area but are outside the prohibited area (an analogy would be that they are the bookends whereas the contravention relates to the books).

Who cares whether someone complained? This is not Opportunity Knocks and matters are not decided on the basis of the Clap-o-meter.

Your car was not parked adjacent to the prohibited area and you were not in contravention, end of. And what's more, the authority's own photos prove this point. You don't need fancy legal arguments, you were not in contravention and no amount of denials on the part of the authority, assuming they would, can change this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.