Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bus lane PCN in READING
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
The Haj
Hi all been sent over here from the MSE forum for my PCN a I received NOTE: PCN IMAGES REPOSTED IN MY POST BELOW

It was my first time driving in Reading therefore I had the assistance of my satnav which recalculated this route after I had missed a turning. I cant recall seeing any obvious signs about a bus lane. There were also lots of road works going on with diversions and road blocks in Reading which added to the confusion to the one way streets.

I know the above is sketchy and relying on a satnav isn't an excuse but this was a genuine mistake with no obvious road signs.
Also will be difficult to go back and check as Reading is over an hours drive away.

Do you think I have any chance if I appeal? I've read on here Reading council are harsh.

Thanks
boxers64
QUOTE (The Haj @ Sat, 15 Nov 2014 - 11:17) *
Hi all been sent over here from the MSE forum for my PCN a I received (below)

Click to view attachment

It was my first time driving in Reading therefore I had the assistance of my satnav which recalculated this route after I had missed a turning. I cant recall seeing any obvious signs about a bus lane. There were also lots of road works going on with diversions and road blocks in Reading which added to the confusion to the one way streets.

I know the above is sketchy and relying on a satnav isn't an excuse but this was a genuine mistake with no obvious road signs.
Also will be difficult to go back and check as Reading is over an hours drive away.

Do you think I have any chance if I appeal? I've read on here Reading council are harsh.

Thanks

just looked on the Google street view there is a sign at the junction with king street but this is just a prohibition of certain types of vehicle, not a bus lane sign,
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4551366,-...NU48zWQ!2e0

couldn't see the camera
at the other end of minster street leading to gun street there is another sign that looks like a bus lane sign but its on gun street

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4544144,-...RyL06_Q!2e0
The Haj
Thanks for looking Boxers64. As you can see the signage isnt clear and you'd expect road markings indicating the bus lane. Also its silly to be allowed to drive up that point, where do cars turn to to avoid the bus lane? you're stuck unless you complete a U turn.

Do you think i have any grounds to appeal here?
boxers64
QUOTE (The Haj @ Sat, 15 Nov 2014 - 16:14) *
Thanks for looking Boxers64. As you can see the signage isnt clear and you'd expect road markings indicating the bus lane. Also its silly to be allowed to drive up that point, where do cars turn to to avoid the bus lane? you're stuck unless you complete a U turn.

Do you think i have any grounds to appeal here?

well this is the definition
(5)And an area of road is or forms part of a bus lane if the order provides that it may be used—
(a)only by buses (or a particular description of bus), or
(b)only by buses (or a particular description of bus) and some other class or classes of vehicular traffic.

you need to see the video evidence, as the pic on the pcn does not show the bus lane.

post the back of the pcn as well you should also delete the PCN number as well and repost the pcn

from my calculation i believe you have up to 28/11/14 to pay the discounted amount.

giving you some time to get some good advice from the experts

my only argument would be that the bus lane is not clearly defined, didnt see any advance notice of the bus lane either

you could make reps asking for some discretion explaining the circumstances you have mentioned
but do wait to see what the experts say

The Haj
Been trying to upload the PCN images here but it's not working. I've cleared my attachments so the storage is empty. Every time I select the image and press upload the attachment editor options disappear.

Anyone have the same problem?
StuartBu
QUOTE (The Haj @ Sun, 16 Nov 2014 - 23:37) *
Been trying to upload the PCN images here but it's not working. I've cleared my attachments so the storage is empty. Every time I select the image and press upload the attachment editor options disappear.

Anyone have the same problem?

Use an external image host like photobucket.com or tinypic.com You'll get some links that you can use...the [IMG] ones... copy and post them and your pics will appear here .
The Haj
Ok thanks. So here goes, front and back of the PCN, I'm assuming i appeal on the basis i was forced to drive into the lane as no exit turns and clear signs or road markings?

[/URL]
boxers64
QUOTE (The Haj @ Tue, 18 Nov 2014 - 09:23) *
Ok thanks. So here goes, front and back of the PCN, I'm assuming i appeal on the basis i was forced to drive into the lane as no exit turns and clear signs or road markings?

[/URL]

have seen the video yet view and save as a seperate file
The Haj
Where can I view the video? I haven't noticed anything on the PCN about that.

Also I'm wondering how would the video help in this situation, isn't the image enough for them to penalise?

Thanks
orford
QUOTE (The Haj @ Tue, 18 Nov 2014 - 21:54) *
Where can I view the video? I haven't noticed anything on the PCN about that.

Camera Recording immediately below paragraph F
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.