Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN Central Hill, Lambeth
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Nzinga
I have received a PCN in relation to Central Hill, Lambeth. I do not use that route usually so was not aware that I am not allowed to turn left. Didn't see the blue sign and there are no markings on the road telling you to drive straight ahead only. Was concerned after I had turned left because some pedestrians tried to walk out in front of me and then I realised that something might be wrong if they had the right of way ohmy.gif .

Have seen a previous post where the driver challenged the Notice successfully with your advice but am unsure whether the same grounds to appeal are relevant to me as the PCN doc has been changed by Lambeth.

Can you please help as cannot afford £65!! Am attaching the 4 pages of the PCN. Apologies; they are individual pages as cannot work out out to scan as one doc. Deadline for paying the reduced fee of £65 is 17 November as PCN is dated 3 November.
Incandescent
Central Hill is very long. Can you tell us where the alleged contravention took place, please.
Nzinga
Thanks for getting back to me.

It's the junction with Gipsy Hill.
Incandescent
OK, had a "drive" along to junction with Gipsy Hill. There is a prominent sign with a No Left turn symbol on it before you get to the traffic lights. Then one can see the blue arrow on the signal at the stop line, plus the signal on the far side also has it.

Assuming GSV is up-to-date, you're going to find this one difficult to appeal. Personally, I think these sort of things should be indicated by the normal sign for no turn with a red bordered sign plus an arrow with a red bar over it. Traffic signs nowadays are getting needlessly complex. However that doesn't help you I'm afraid.
Nzinga
Dear Incandescent,
Really appreciate your response and advice. Not sure how I missed all those signs. Am usually more alert!! 😠
Nzinga
Dear Incandescent,
Many thanks for all your help. Not sure how I missed all those signs!!! mad.gif There was a lot of traffic that day so probably wasn't as alert as I should have been.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.