Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN bus lane Reading
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
MrsB
First of all I would like to thank you in advance for reading my post.

I am new to this forum and am so grateful to have found it. Please some somebody help me.
I have been reading through the posts for hours and can’t seem to find an updated answer.

Here’s my sob story
The usual, I was driving through Reading (late for an appointment) and following the sat nav, on top of that, I had my special needs son in the car who was in “meltdown mode” as we were out of his usual routine, and getting hopelessly lost. As a result of this, I got 4 yes you read that correctly, 4 PCNs for driving in bus lanes. All within the space of 7 minutes. I did expect one as I did notice I was in a bus lane, only from the markings on the road but by that time, there was no way of getting out of it. But I honestly had no idea that I was in the bus lanes for the other 3.

Please can somebody give me any info on how I can appeal them (if any) as I am sure they have heard my story many times?

Kind regards

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Incandescent
Appeal on the basis that it is one contravention, but you passed four cameras, and request they cancel three of the PCNs and you will pay for one. Check carefully the PCNs to see what locations they specify.
StuartBu
QUOTE (Incandescent @ Fri, 31 Oct 2014 - 09:58) *
Appeal on the basis that it is one contravention, but you passed four cameras, and request they cancel three of the PCNs and you will pay for one. Check carefully the PCNs to see what locations they specify.

Would this depend on/if there were any "escape routes" between the locus of each alleged contravention?

Pics 2 and 3 appear to be of the same locus and time .Friar Street
Incandescent
Would this depend on/if there were any "escape routes" between the locus of each alleged contravention?

Pics 2 and 3 appear to be of the same locus and time .Friar Street

Yes, it probably does. People relying on satnavs in strange towns must be making a fortune for the councils with PCNs ! However, I think my suggestion re a single contravention should be pursued. I can't see any other grounds unless the OP can prove the signs are inadequate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.