Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cloned plate - NIP received
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
chill
Just spoke to my father today, he received a NIP for speeding when he was working from home all day! He can prove he was there (phone calls, receipts from local shops) and not in a different county drifting over the speed limit.

Now I'm a regular reader on the unsigned_forms group (being in the process of taking that route myself) however this is a new one on me. Basically it is either a cloned plate on another vehicle up to no good, or an admin error on behalf of the scammers. He is requesting the photograph to see what they snapped. Hopefully they will just drop the issue at this point.

Now I have a few questions:
[list]1) Would a local rag be interested to hear a genuine case of a 'cloned plate'?
2) Could this become a 'get out of jail' card for the future? icon_wink.gif
[list]
Opinions please.

Cheers,
Chris
DW190
Cloned Plates are not uncommon.

The good thing is the images are usually pretty good and zoomed in can even read the small print on the foot of a lot of plates.

Has dads car got any significant marking that would not be on another plate like the dealers name on the bottom.
chill
I suppose the main issue (once this NIP has been dealt with) is that there is a car 'out in the wild' with a duplicate plate on*. What can you realistically do about this, and how would this relate to future NIPs?

*assuming no admin errors
DW190
A mate of mine has a hire company and he got over 30 NIP's and FPN's for speeding, parking and bus lane offences from the same vehicle.

He got them all squashed because his vehicles all have his logo on the front and back which wasn't in the pics of the offending vehicles.

Luckily a number of the parking offences happened in the same place and the offender was eventually caught with the cloned vehicle.

DW
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.