Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Failing to provide details of driver. Leased car.
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
carl0s
I am being sentenced next Friday for failing to provide details of driver when it was within my powers to.
I was flashed going through a 30mph camera at 40mph on the main A-road out of Blackpool.

I have pleaded Not-Guilty as it was not within my powers to provide those details, since I had been living away at my girlfriends house in Blackpool. I came home over Christmas and found the court summons.

I pleaded non-guilty by post, but I'll appear in court suited and booted for the sentencing.

What do you think? I have said on my plea that I was in fact the driver, and remember the incident well, and that had Sue (the office admin) informed me that she was giving my address on the initial NIP form, I would have told her I wasn't living there...

The car is kind of leased.. I'm self employed and have a leasing company as a client, so we have an arrangement where they provide me a car. The car is in their name but I do see them probably once a week so I would have expected to hear mention of what was going on, but instead the admin lady there just filled in my home address (mums address).

thanks for your time all.

Carl
The Rookie
If you genuinely did not recieve any paperwork prior to the summons (or at he same time as if it had been sitting on your mat at home) hen you have a statutory defence, but you will need to back this up, perhaps with witnesses to say you had not been to that address (and nor had any agent of yours, be that employed or family member) between when the NIP would have arrived and now.

If you have pleaded not guilty, you are not going to be sentenced but to be tried.

Simon
patdavies
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Fri, 20 Jan 2006 - 13:03) *
If you have pleaded not guilty, you are not going to be sentenced but to be tried.

Simon

Perhaps he has a better grasp of the functioning of a Magistrates Court when dealing with motorists than we do. angry.gif
carl0s
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Fri, 20 Jan 2006 - 13:03) *

Simon

Well, the letter states that I need to attend court for 'Sentencing'. However I did admit to the original offence in my plea, so perhaps they are being good and just doing me for the original offence ?

I'll keep you posted.
andy_foster
If you give us the full details we might be able to help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.