Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stopped For Speeding
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Jayman1986
Hi,

I was stopped by an unmarked Essex police car on a dual carriageway for excess speed on 14/08/2014.

I was given a little slip informing me that I will be reported for the offence as my speed was over the threshold where the officers could deal with offence themselves.

I received letter today (24/09/2014- letter dated 23/09), for Conditional offer of Fixed Penalty and 3 points.

I know the offer itself is actually generous considering my stupidity, but any points is quite detrimental to me at the moment.

According to the "little slip" I received, there is a part which says "DO NOT do anything until you receive further communication from Essex Police, we will not be able to deal with any queries until that point. You should receive communication from us within 28 days."

Obviously it went over 28 days, so does that give me any hope? I have not changed address or anything and gave my correct Home address at time when they stopped me and provided my driving license. So there is no logical reason why the should have delayed past the 28 days.

I was just thinking about this yesterday and had a look at the date on my "little slip" and thought id got away with it, and today BAM!!

Any advice appreciated.
The Rookie
Going over 28 days makes not one scrap of difference.
StuartBu
Going by what you posted above it said "You SHOULD receive communication from us within 28 days" not " You WILL receive communication from us within 28 days"
peterguk
Either accept the CoFP or take it to court, your choice.
Jayman1986
QUOTE (peterguk @ Wed, 24 Sep 2014 - 13:54) *
Either accept the CoFP or take it to court, your choice.

I know its my choice, but im simply asking advice, judging by previous comments....I wouldn't stand a chance in court?
homeruk
To take it to court you need a defence that you weren't speeding.

What is your defence?
Jayman1986
QUOTE (homeruk @ Wed, 24 Sep 2014 - 14:00) *
To take it to court you need a defence that you weren't speeding.

What is your defence?

well no defence,

I was merely holding onto the hope they might have made an administrative error.

thanks for your time everyone anyway
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.