Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Edinburgh - Not parking in Bay
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Bounce
Hi,
I've got a PCN from Edinburgh for "not parking within the markings of the bay". It's one of those streets withn a long line of bays down one side.

The reason I wasn't in the bay was that the car in front was badly parked across 2 bays. I decided to move up behind them to maximise the amount of space for others to park behind me. So much for having consideration for other pepole to want to park there tongue.gif

Anyway, when I got back, the badly parked car had moved on and I had the ticket. As the car in front had left, it just looks like I'm badly parked!

Any point in appealing this or is it a waste of time?

Are there supposed to be signs to tell you park in the bays? Or is that a given?
StuartBu
QUOTE (Bounce @ Tue, 23 Sep 2014 - 11:56) *
Hi,
I've got a PCN from Edinburgh for "not parking within the markings of the bay". It's one of those streets withn a long line of bays down one side.

The reason I wasn't in the bay was that the car in front was badly parked across 2 bays. I decided to move up behind them to maximise the amount of space for others to park behind me. So much for having consideration for other pepole to want to park there tongue.gif

Anyway, when I got back, the badly parked car had moved on and I had the ticket. As the car in front had left, it just looks like I'm badly parked!

Any point in appealing this or is it a waste of time?

Are there supposed to be signs to tell you park in the bays? Or is that a given?

Not any help on this occasion and easy to be wise after the event but handy to carry a digital camera or use your phone to record the situation as evidence just in case.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.