Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking Ticket Fine
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Alan Smith
Hi All

I arrived home at 10pm last night and i couldnt find parking on my road and i did look for spaces to park my car but there wasnt any spaces, in the morning i was given a parking fine for parking on double yellows, i feel its fair as i pay for my car to be on the road and pay council tax yet again i cannot park on my road without getting a fine . I couldnt stay up all night to find parking on my road.

I want to appeal this fine
Jlc
Who issued it? You may be in the wrong part of the forum.
Alan Smith
QUOTE (Jlc @ Mon, 22 Sep 2014 - 13:44) *
Who issued it? You may be in the wrong part of the forum.

in which forum should i post this? i will provide more about the ticket shortly
hcandersen
Pending which...

No motorist has a right to park their vehicle on the highway other than where specific provision is made by, for example, the placing of parking bays. Even then the right is general and does not apply to any individual. 'I have a right to park outside my house or in my road' is a myth. VED is a tax and grants no rights, neither does paying council tax. DYL prohibit waiting 24/7 and normally for good reason.

You are therefore behind the curve.

If you want to appeal, then we need to see docs please in order to advise.
Alan Smith
QUOTE (hcandersen @ Mon, 22 Sep 2014 - 14:51) *
Pending which...

No motorist has a right to park their vehicle on the highway other than where specific provision is made by, for example, the placing of parking bays. Even then the right is general and does not apply to any individual. 'I have a right to park outside my house or in my road' is a myth. VED is a tax and grants no rights, neither does paying council tax. DYL prohibit waiting 24/7 and normally for good reason.

You are therefore behind the curve.

If you want to appeal, then we need to see docs please in order to advise.

the parking was issued by NSL who work behalf of birmingham city council, i had parked my vehicle at 10pm last night and i did look for a car park space but i couldnt find parking anywhere on the road
hcandersen
But this is not a sufficient reason to park on DYL, I'm afraid.

So if we're going to see whether it's worth fighting beyond the discount we'll need the docs pl.
Incandescent
QUOTE (hcandersen @ Mon, 22 Sep 2014 - 16:17) *
But this is not a sufficient reason to park on DYL, I'm afraid.

So if we're going to see whether it's worth fighting beyond the discount we'll need the docs pl.

+1

or no further advice can be given that would be of any use. DYLs apply 24x7. If you were loading that is exempt, also boarding/alighting a passenger, but these don't apply to you.
SchoolRunMum
We need to see the PCN (BOTH SIDES) or this is a pointless thread, we can't help without pictures! You 'could' possibly have found grounds based on the PCN wording if you'd shown us and we'd seen a flaw (e.g. with Hounslow PCNs). We can't guess. Your other possible 'out' would be if the double yellows are not supported by a Traffic Order for that place (ask the Council or check the Traffic Orders if on the Council website).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.