Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN for Overstay, Chester West and Chester
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
vw driver
Hi,

A friend received this kind gift from an Civil Enforcement Officer for staying longer than the 30 minutes allowed.

I've had a look and as best I can see, the PCN is compliant with The Civil Enforcement of Parking Contraventions (England) General Regulations 2007 (issued under regulation 9).

I've advised to put in an appeal anyway within 14 days -

Something focusing on the fact that she thought she was within 30 mins, but was apparently 2 minutes over. I hope there may be some wiggle room based on the car clock which was 3 mins out and she hadn't noticed (her son was in the drivers seat playing with all the buttons that morning). She saw the Enforcement Officer as she was leaving the car and again when she came back to the car, but thought nothing of it...

Here is a streetview link: (Roughly where the Land Rover is) https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.1990733,-...GmOX5hw!2e0

Here is the PCN:

This was the sign:

Anyone got any thoughts on this one? Shall I just compose an appeal and if rejected advise my friend to pay as she is short of cash and would rather pay £25 than wait to see if there is a non-compliant Notice to Owner... missing out on the reduced amount.

Thanks

(Edited for spelling!)
Incandescent
Your friend can make a risk-free challenge if it is sent within the 14 day discount period, as they state on the PCN they usually reoffer the discount if rejecting it. If it really was a case of 2 minutes, you challenge on de minimis. Look at their website to see what policy is on over-running parking time. I suspect, however, your friend was a lot more than 2 minutes over, but in their reply they should state how long it actually was. If they fail to consider, it is a procedural impropriety and a good case for adjudication.

Remember, the challenge is informal, only when a Notice to Owner is issued (for the full PCN amount, BTW), can a formal appeal be made. If this is rejected, the appellant can appeal to the Traffic Penalty Tribunal at no extra cost, but only then, not before the process has run its course.

It's this or fold and pay the discount !!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.