Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN - Aldi Cark Park - Euro Car Parks / Debt Recovery Plus - Old Address
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
deathr0w
Thanks to anyone who can help me with the matter, I've read a lot of different and similar situations but I'd like to get some clarity on what to do as I'm starting to worry about a PCN from back in June 2014 which was sent to my old housing address. My car has been re-registered with the DVLA but that process took apx 4 weeks for their database to update with my new address.

I've since passed my old address to see if there was any post and there was mostly junk mail but also a PCN from June 2014, and also a Debt Recovery Plus letter Dated September 14

The PCN was accidently opened by the new tenant who informed Euro Car Parks that the address was incorrect. (They advised him to get a letter from the DVLA to confirm this but he ignored it saying it's not his car, nor is the car any longer at the address and they need to go back to DVLA for new data)

They had no contact info for me so were unable to pass it on. I was only passing the old address as an ebay item was accidentally shipped there.

The car park was an Aldi 1h free car park with no option to pay for additional time. I over stayed by apx 19 minutes.

I'm not sure what to do, the original fine was 90, with reduced payment of £50 now the debt recovery plus letter is £150

Ive read these are generally chain letters but I am worried about a CCJ for this and would rather pay up than face problems with my credit. (I know thats the bully boy tactics but feel they might have me on the ropes)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I can give more info if needed.

I did search the forum but couldn't find info on this issue with EuroCarParks in mind.

Appreciate the help guys.

Great forum and power to the people!!
Jlc
Two options really - either just ignore as they are extremely unlikely to issue a claim. (They don't have form for it) But if they did the paperwork would probably go to the old address and they would win by default.

Or to remove that risk, contact them with updated address details. Tell them this is first you've heard of it. However, they will almost say it's too late to appeal etc. and the only option is to pay. And then ignore them as above... (In the unlikely even they do issue a claim you'll get it)
deathr0w
The tenant at the new address has my contact info and I only live a few minutes away he's said he will update me if any post comes from now on. So If they did send any papers I would still get them.

As it's the first I've heard of it do you think they would accept the original sum or would I be looking at the full whack of £150.

The tenant at the old address said he is happy to write to the DVLA to get a letter to state the car is not at the address, if Euro Car Parks are provided that info would it re-set the appeal and the clock on the ticket?

thanks for the advice smile.gif
Jlc
You don't owe them anything - don't fall into the escalating charge con. You've got the last chance discount letter to come yet...

They will almost certainly try and deny you an appeal but you can give it a go as the repercussions are extremely low risk..
doreen4161
Dont worry about CCJ. The only way you can get one is IF it goes to court and IF you lose the case, and IF you then refuse to pay what the judge says within the time allowed. Thats a lot of big IFs. !!. Court including costs will only be about £150 mark anyway, so let them worry about it
deathr0w
Thats helped put my mind at rest thanks for the replies seeing the letters and threat of a CCJ had me a bit worried tbh. I'm thankful for the advice and will update the threat if I hear anymore from them. From what I've read on this forum today from other Euro Car Parks cases they tend to be a softer company and rarely take the issue to court?

For now I will hang tight and keep an eye on any post at both addresses smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.