Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Debt Recovery Plus Letter - First I knew of it!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
WhoMe?
Hello all,

I'm hoping for some help please. I've today received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Limited re an unpaid Parking Charge from May this year - unfortunately this is the first I've heard of it as to date I've received no papers about it.

Can anyone advise me where to go from here please? I've got another parking ticket thing on the go (which I followed poor advice from a friend and have ignored until now ...and now looking on here I realise it was very bad advice and I should have done something by now) but it's defo not from the same company as it relates to a different date.

Should I contact DRP and explain or wait it out?

Thanks very much.
Gan
You don't explain to debt recovery companies
You tell them to shove off

Dear Sir

Ref ****

I note your letter dated ****

I deny any debt to (name of parking company)
Refer it back to your client

For your information, I know nothing about this matter as I have never received any previous communication.
It is of course out-of-the-question to make a payment to your company

Don't contact me again

Yours faithfully

If DR+ contact you again, you can report them and the parking company to DVLA
WhoMe?
Thanks very much Gan, I appreciate your advice.

It will be typed straight away!
WhoMe?
Hi Again,

This has reared it's ugly head again, with a letter from DPL today indicating that I have two weeks to pay the £150 fee as the appeal time to Popla has long since passed and if previous notifications of the 'parking charge' have not been received then I need to take the matter up with the postal company!

Any further suggestions please? I've been dreading post arriving over the last couple of weeks, anticipating a letter arriving from them and now it has I'm worried how to proceed! I've recently started a new job and can really do without asking for unpaid leave due to a Court appearance!!

Please help!!!
farmerboy
Which parking company?
WhoMe?
Highview Parking according to the last (and first) letter I received.
ManxRed
Highview aren't known for doing court.

Why not get on the offensive and raise a formal complaint with the DVLA that Highview are in breach of their KADOE contract with the DVLA.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...20&start=20

Have a look at this thread from post #31 onwards. Obviously you'll need to tailor the complaint slightly - the one in that thread is a follow up to an already submitted first complaint which the DVLA tried to wash their hands of. Raise a formal complaint along the lines of the complaint in post #31.
farmerboy
QUOTE (WhoMe? @ Sat, 27 Sep 2014 - 16:28) *
Hi Again,
I'm worried how to proceed! I've recently started a new job and can really do without asking for unpaid leave due to a Court appearance!!

Please help!!!

Highview aren't known for their court claims so banish evil thoughts about that!!!

Google parking prankster highview for an insight into this company.

Theyre only going to send scary letters. If theyre from a debt recovery co they only scareware designed to put the frighteners on you. These companies are powerless and can only recommend court action back to their clients. So what are they going to do... recommend court action to a company that doesn't do court. Hmmmm!!!!
Gan
As already advised, complain to DVLA that Highview are in breach of their KADOE contract by employing a debt collector that is refusing to refer a denied debt back to their client and continuing to harass you.

Regarding DR+

Dear Sir

Ref ****

I note that you have ignored my previous letter and failed to refer the matter back to your client.
I have reported this breach of the KADOE contract to DVLA.

The failure of the postal service to deliver the Notice to Keeper is your client's problem, not mine.
The fact remains that it was not served in accordance with the requirements of POFA and, as keeper, I have no liability.

As I have already made clear, I will not make any payment to your company.

As a gesture of goodwill, I am prepared to challenge the Notice to Keeper in accordance with the industry's alternative dispute resolutions procedure but only if your client sends a copy to arrive within seven days of the date of this letter. After this date, I will regard the matter as closed.

If your client refuses my offer, and proceeds with legal action, I will of course refer the court to its unreasonable behaviour.

Don't contact me again
I will not reply and will continue to pass copies of your letters to DVLA as evidence of continuing and deliberate harassment.

Yours Faithfully

SchoolRunMum
I know the link below is one I wrote on MSE but the same is true here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663

Threads about DRP are pointless. Nothing changes, the junk mail doesn't stop, and there are so many threads for you to read already about this tedious letter chain there is no point you even breaking into a sweat when each predictable letter arrives. It will fizzle out, it always fizzles out.
WhoMe?
Thanks all for taking the time to reply. And apologies for starting up a thread which may have annoyed some people .... this is a new situation for me and with other financial issues, this feels like the proverbial straw!

I will indeed make the complaint and see how it goes.

The earlier anxiety has been alleviated by your replies, so you've been a huge help! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.