Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cpz
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
electromech
hi all

this is my first post

have appealed a cpz ticket to the adjudicator on the grounds of poor signage and lost

need advice for application of review

don't want to post too much on here until I have a final decision

as there anyone I can email info that can help

much appreciated

Walt2
The experienced members will need scanned copies with personal info removed of:
Original PCN, any informal reps, council reply, formal reps, Notice of Rejection, text of appeal to Adj, EA's case to Adj and Adjudicator decision....
electromech
thanks walt

need to act fast as application for review is already out of time but been on holiday abroad so hoping they will allow
electromech
please see attached docs

adjudicator seems to have disregarded my pictures because they were "taken in the evening"

this is not the case

the coloured picture was taken by me at aprox 3:30pm (got exact time and date in details) in poor weather as was the case on the day of the contravention
the picture was taken while stopped on the correct carriageway from the cab of my van to give a real picture of what can been seen.
I believe these signs to blend into the background poorly maintained with the sign on the right located in the wrong st

the photocopy pictures are provided by the council and look a little unreal, I believe they have been taken by a traffic warden who has been instructed to "get a good picture"
they are taken on foot, on a bright day, from the right hand side of the road and the pics have then been manipulated and stretched.
these seem to be the pictures that the adjudicator has favoured.

the council have also provided a map of the controlled zone
ive done an aprox 50% visual audit on these and all is not as claimed in the evidence to the adjudicator where they claim the zone is correctly signed and lined
please see rough descriptions scribbled on the map
I will also attach the pics in another file

thanks for your help peeps
clark_kent
You went to the adjudicator who decided in the Councils favour, disagreeing with their verdict is not grounds for another bite at the cherry.
DancingDad
I'm not seeing anything in favour of the council or adjudicator view that the sign on the right is clearly positioned. Where it is, it could easily be for the side street.
But I'm also not seeing a lot to fault on the one on the left. From either council or your photos.
An adjudicator can make a decision on whether or not the signs in place were adequate to show the restrictions. He did. We may not like his decision but he is allowed to make it.

You challenged on a single point and that was dealt with.
To appeal you need new evidence like the TRO was wrong where you parked or a claim in the interests of justice. I can't see the latter, sorry.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.