Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Redbridge Council PCN
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
SK226956
I received a PCN from Redbridge council today via post. I have attached pictures with this post of the alleged offence and the letter I received today.

I am not the registered keeper of the car but I was the driver at that time. I would like to appeal this fine, what are the chances of me being successful? Is there any technicalities I can base my appeal on? Basically the alleged contravention is "parked with one or more wheels on or over a foothpath or any part of a road other than a carriageway". I realise I made a silly mistake and shouldn't have done it but at that I genuinely thought I was parking on a private space (Tesco's car park), please see the pictures below I have attached. I was parked briefly (approx 5 minutes) right next to where the black astra is parked. Looking back, I have only just realised that indeed a part of my car was parked on a public foothpath. I admit I made a genuine mistake but do you guys believe I have any chance of successfully appealing it? Any help/advise provided will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance....

At the time of the "alleged offence" a white sprinter Mercedes Van was parked where the black Astra is on the picture above. That van wasn't parked properly at all, the white bay lines were being blocked by that van at the time. I parked my car next to it, thinking it was Tesco's property. I only went in to collect an order from there :-( and have now ended up receiving a £55 fine :-(
Mad Mick V
The photos appear to be marked Bus Lane Cam so I wonder if more expert members can find any wriggle room.

We have a TMA 2004 parking contravention substantiated by camera but only approved devices may enforce parking contraventions. Is there an argument that a Bus Lane camera is not an approved device for this type of contravention?

Mick
SK226956
QUOTE (Mad Mick V @ Thu, 21 Aug 2014 - 20:01) *
The photos appear to be marked Bus Lane Cam so I wonder if more expert members can find any wriggle room.

We have a TMA 2004 parking contravention substantiated by camera but only approved devices may enforce parking contraventions. Is there an argument that a Bus Lane camera is not an approved device for this type of contravention?

Mick

Thank you for replying, Mick.

I have had a close look at the pictures provided, how does one work out whether or not they are marked by Bus Lane Cam? There is no bus lane on that road, so not sure why they would have a Bus Lane Cam on that road?

Any other advice from other experienced members will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
DancingDad
There is an exemption for loading.
Contravention comes from Greater London Acts 1974
Conditional that the vehicle must be attended but some adjudicators have translated that into any minimal time away or close vicinity.
And definitely depends on goods being pre-ordered and relatively heavy, bulky or awkward...ie more then simple convenience to park there.
If this may fit the bill and you can offer proof, ie receipt or online order (click and collect for example) it's worth putting into any challenge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.