Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Impounded my old car that's not needed
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
arigel
Hi,

My first post please be gentle, i had my old car parked on a public road for some reason there was a mess in the road tax on the car there was a valid road tax disc but in there system my car was untaxed so the impounded the car i got a letter saying that the car was impounded however i do not need the car it isn't much worth but i assume if i ignore the charges will go up how can i get rid of it all without paying any charges ? any advise would be great full.

Many thanks
peterguk
Who towed it? DVLA or LA?
DancingDad
If removed by DVLA for no tax and tax on car was valid for the car, you get car back with no fees whatsoever. Just needs to go through system
If removed by local authority, may be a little more complex.

In either case, storage fees will be added and cost will go up so you cannot ignore.

So who removed it and why ?
Gan
Did a cheque bounce, meaning that the tax disc became invalid ?
arigel
Thanks for the replies.

It is DVLA see letter attached.

The truth is i do not know how this happened but for some reason i had 2 separate reminders coming for the same car so lets say one would come in April that i need to renew and the one on the car was expiring end of September.
Walt2
"The vehicle will be disposed of if you do not collect it by 14/07/2014"

That was over 2 weeks ago... Has it been crushed into a cube??
DancingDad
QUOTE (Walt2 @ Thu, 31 Jul 2014 - 19:22) *
"The vehicle will be disposed of if you do not collect it by 14/07/2014"

That was over 2 weeks ago... Has it been crushed into a cube??

That is slightly worrying.
If you had a valid tax disc in the vehicle that is your only evidence that the vehicle was taxed and only protection against any other charges or costs they may try to impose.
boxers64
this sounds weird if there was a valid tax disc displayed in the car why would it be removed, and if it was removed before it expired even worse
go to the pound and get your tax disc out of the car, the car i presume was locked and you have the keys.
you need all your docs log book etc

maybe the details of the disc are wrong
StuartBu
QUOTE (boxers64 @ Fri, 1 Aug 2014 - 10:47) *
this sounds weird if there was a valid tax disc displayed in the car why would it be removed, and if it was removed before it expired even worse
go to the pound and get your tax disc out of the car, the car i presume was locked and you have the keys.
you need all your docs log book etc

maybe the details of the disc are wrong

That's something that nobody will be able to do quite soon !!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.