Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking eye
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Haywire
Hiya smile.gif

Ive received a parking charge notice from parking eye for the sum of £90 for over staying in a free car park by 10 minutes. It was free for an hour and i was a little late getting back, it was in february and after 6pm (the car park was pretty much empty)

Without knowing about this site, and taking old advice from friends i decided to ignore all the letters and ive not made any appeals of any kind. The last letter i received is informing me its the last one before a county court claim is issued.

If it does actually go to court then im more than willing to go, unless theres something i can do now to try and prevent this?

Should i just wait and see what happens now, or would a letter to them telling them i intend to defend myself help?

Also to add theres no way of paying in this car park at all, theres no machines its just simply free. So you couldnt even put some money in a machine to stop longer if you wanted to.

Thanks
FrankC
Have a read of my thread from yesterday - sounds familiar!

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=92277
Haywire
Just been reading that frank thanks. Because i was the driver and cant name anybody else im not gonna be able to restart the PoPLA?
emanresu
You can engage if you want or wait to see if you get a Letter before Claim (LBCC). See if you have one of these.

Around 50% of PE tickets are unpaid and they do not do anything with them. However some are selected for the full treatment - about 1 % but this is only for show as it costs them more than they get back.

The LBCC is the first point at which you can engage with them sensibly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.