Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Banned for 6 months
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
EasyIce
I was banned for 6 months two days ago. However, two days prior to my ban I received a speeding ticket for doing 36 in a 30 with the option to do a speed awareness course.

If I sent the info off, would this still be an option despite being a banned driver?
crashdetective
Errr nope
squaredeal
As long as you weren't banned at the time of the offence, then there is no reason you won't get the option of a SAC.
sgtdixie
You have to have a valid driving licence at the time you attend the course in most areas.
Logician
QUOTE (sgtdixie @ Wed, 30 Jul 2014 - 06:39) *
You have to have a valid driving licence at the time you attend the course in most areas.

Although that does not seem to be part of the eligibility criteria for courses (LINK) which mentions only having a valid licence at the time of the offence. I would consult the course provider, mentioning the document I have linked. Although mainly to do with careless driving, speed awareness courses are also covered.

Editing
So long as the course does not involve driving, i.e. is classroom based only, then you can do the course without a driving licence.
Contact the course provider and explain, then attend the course with ID - preferably a passport or other photo document and you will be OK.
(I work for the largest provider of speed awareness courses in the UK, all our speed courses are classroom based)
squaredeal
The offer of a SAC has nothing to do with the course provider unless the relevant force also administers / provides the course. Once a course is offered, the only business a provider has with regards to the driving licence status is if driving is involved, as per previous 2 posts.

You don't need to explain anything to the provider. Just take alternative photo ID.
EasyIce
QUOTE (squaredeal @ Wed, 30 Jul 2014 - 19:13) *
The offer of a SAC has nothing to do with the course provider unless the relevant force also administers / provides the course. Once a course is offered, the only business a provider has with regards to the driving licence status is if driving is involved, as per previous 2 posts.

You don't need to explain anything to the provider. Just take alternative photo ID.

How important is the second ID? I have only one ID and that ironically is my driver's license.
squaredeal
The course provider must be satisfied that the delegate is the correct person. Therefore unless valid photo ID is available - eg passport, photo DL, service ID etc then you will need a couple of other forms of ID such as utility bill / credit card. The terms and conditions supplied will describe acceptable forms of ID. Read them carefully to avoid the embarrassment and cost of being turned away.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.