Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hounslow PCN 53j Bell Road.
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
SummerB
Hi all

I am new to this forum and i can see a lot of people with lot of expirence here.

I got one PCN from bell road Hounslow 2 days a go any feedback if i can fight it and get it cencelled as Charge is really high i not sure why they need £65 for one small mistake when there was no a single person on that road.

PCN is for Bell road Pedestrian Zone for staturday afternoon.

Nicky.
Bluedart
QUOTE (SummerB @ Tue, 29 Jul 2014 - 16:11) *
Hi all

I am new to this forum and i can see a lot of people with lot of expirence here.

I got one PCN from bell road Hounslow 2 days a go any feedback if i can fight it and get it cencelled as Charge is really high i not sure why they need £65 for one small mistake when there was no a single person on that road.

PCN is for Bell road Pedestrian Zone for staturday afternoon.

Nicky.

We need to start somewhere and the first place would be for you to post the PCN front/back, cleaned only of personal details.
anvesh
SummerB,(I replied this on my own thread as well..)

Irrespective of my decision outcome in this same area, I believe this contravention area's signage is poor.
As it has only one way to avoid it ., i.e., to turn around and area is not good for U turn.
My reviewing Adjudicator was hinting more like whatever the argument I put to him about Stopping distances from the signs viewing point, if put right to the first Adjudicator, I might have been a winner.
Advance warning signs which the council is providing photos were there even before 2008 (Google earth) i.e., Advanced warning sings were present even before the contravention started in Aug 2012, and they were not adequate as they never stopped motorists before the traffic order or after (Just make sure to ask Council for the date from when these Advanced signs were present, Remember, Original contravention signs were exist from Aug 2012.. Council never answers to the question from when these Advanced warning signs were present.)

If you could risk the additional £65 by willing to take that far, it's sure a winner. Remember No Risk no Reward.

As far as my opinion, You should fight!! my fight was lost but not my research.
If all my experience could at least result in few winners, I will be more than glad that my efforts paid off.

so when you ask more details as representations to council, make sure you ask
1) To provide each and every sign, including Advanced warning signs at the contravention.
2) From when the Advanced Warning signs were in place. (Ask only for advanced warning signs..)
3) To provide the road width (Lane width) of the Bell road before the contravention area. (This is needed when you want to argue how U turn is not possible)

Anvi.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.