Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Code 06 not displaying valid pay and display ticket
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Radish
Hello all

I received a PCN as attached (sorry for poor quality). I believe that my ticket may have flipped over after closing the car door. I sent a copy of my parking ticket to show I had a valid ticket for the time observed and indicated that as far as I was aware I had met the conditions of parking. Sadly I thought the council would be reasonable and all I needed to prove was that I had a valid ticket so unfortunately did not keep a copy of my original letter!

The Parking Officer has replied stating that it the full terms of the scheme have not been met, and although the 'primary purpose' of paying for a ticket appears to have been met the council takes the view that it must be fully met in displaying a ticket also. The ticket was on my dash right-side up when I returned to my vehicle, I can only assume that where I have placed it it catches the airflow when opening and shutting the door.

I have a few questions:

1) Are the parking bay markings even valid having a thick yellow line running along the curbside? I can't see this combination used in the regulations 2006. See 3 pictures below.
2) If the council are being so pedantic as to pursue this based on wording of the traffic management act code 06 2004, where would I stand on pointing out that the ticket does not explicitly state which side up to display?

I have replied stating that I am unsure what this relates to, the letter seems pretty standard and doesn't actually indicate what I have done to this point (I am only assuming the flipping of a ticket - as that's all it can be)

I really don't think I have done anything wrong, it seems perfectly reasonable that the tickets would flip over as they do not provide any adhesive to attach to the windowscreen etc.

Thanks in advance.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Bluedart
QUOTE (Radish @ Tue, 22 Jul 2014 - 20:41) *
Hello all

I received a PCN as attached (sorry for poor quality). I believe that my ticket may have flipped over after closing the car door. I sent a copy of my parking ticket to show I had a valid ticket for the time observed and indicated that as far as I was aware I had met the conditions of parking. Sadly I thought the council would be reasonable and all I needed to prove was that I had a valid ticket so unfortunately did not keep a copy of my original letter!

The Parking Officer has replied stating that it the full terms of the scheme have not been met, and although the 'primary purpose' of paying for a ticket appears to have been met the council takes the view that it must be fully met in displaying a ticket also. The ticket was on my dash right-side up when I returned to my vehicle, I can only assume that where I have placed it it catches the airflow when opening and shutting the door.

I have a few questions:

1) Are the parking bay markings even valid having a thick yellow line running along the curbside? I can't see this combination used in the regulations 2006. See 3 pictures below.
2) If the council are being so pedantic as to pursue this based on wording of the traffic management act code 06 2004, where would I stand on pointing out that the ticket does not explicitly state which side up to display?

I have replied stating that I am unsure what this relates to, the letter seems pretty standard and doesn't actually indicate what I have done to this point (I am only assuming the flipping of a ticket - as that's all it can be)

I really don't think I have done anything wrong, it seems perfectly reasonable that the tickets would flip over as they do not provide any adhesive to attach to the windowscreen etc.

Thanks in advance.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Chances are a copy of the P&D ticket will fail every time.
What proof do you have that you purchased the ticket?
Chaseman
Search on this site for "fluttering ticket". There is a very good proforma appeal letter written by Bogsy that I have used successfully in the past.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.