Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sorn/tax conundrum
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
dorset sasquatch
Hey guys, just a quicky. I've just (about an hour ago) switched my insurance between cars, and taxed the new one. The old one is in storage, off the road, but still taxed till the end of the month (taken there before the insurance was switched). Now I've just gone online to sorn the off road car, but it starts (as you would expect) from the 1st of next month. My question is about the continuous insurance rule that was brought in in 2011 iirc, and how I get round falling foul of it and ending up with a fine?

Anyone?

Cheers,

Dorset Sasquatch
The Rookie
The DVLA give you about a month, but why not send off the tax and declare SORN now?
metalmick
well im in a similar position, but have bought a vehicle with loads of rent and cant get refund till its in my name , cant send the disc in as the vehicle is still in transit
i rang dvla(on saturday),and got an answer asap, chap confirmed as said above but added to send the tax refund form in with a note attached explaining the situation and send disc in when i have it he also said take copy (photo) and send rec del
just to add that this is the second time i have dealt with them and 10/10 so far
M
kommando
send rec del

Cheaper to get free proof of posting, recorded delivery to DVLA has no advantage over this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.