Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN appeal rejected concerning disabled driver and disabled parking bay !
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
tuth11
Hi All,
On June 25th this year my dad went to visit an area in his hometown of Swansea he knew as a child, He is seriously ill with dilated cardiomyopathy and Atrial Fibrilation and relies on a device to assist his poor heart function, this has also caused him to have a stroke and a series of mini strokes and seriously affects his mobility hence the Blue Badge for his car.
He drove around and saw a Disabled Parking sign with empty spaces so parked displayed his badge and clock and left for a short stroll that took him ages as he has to stop and sit due to extreme breathlessness and pain. On returning to his car he had been issued with a PCN for parking without a relevant parking permit it turns out it was a council staff parking permit that was also required.
He was and still is extremely upset, he thought he had done things correctly and a simple error in the interpretation of a sign that said DISABLED BADGE HOLDERS WITH PERMITS ONLY led to the PCN.
I appealed on his behalf and today was told it was declined as they now want evidence to substantiate the reasons for the contravention and ask for medical evidence of his condition in support of the circumstances if we want them to look at it again.
I cannot believe this horrendous attitude towards someone who genuinely made a simple mistake but who is now being challenged on his medical condition !
Can anyone please advise me ? My dad just wants to pay now, but I am beyond rage at such a callous attitude to a man who is very ill,
Thank you for taking the time to read this,
Theresa
Custador
QUOTE (tuth11 @ Wed, 9 Jul 2014 - 17:48) *
Hi All,
On June 25th this year my dad went to visit an area in his hometown of Swansea he knew as a child, He is seriously ill with dilated cardiomyopathy and Atrial Fibrilation and relies on a device to assist his poor heart function, this has also caused him to have a stroke and a series of mini strokes and seriously affects his mobility hence the Blue Badge for his car.
He drove around...

On a tangential note, as a medical professional I have to tell you: You're father should not be driving. With his range of conditions he represents an extreme danger to other road users. Transient ischaemic attacks ("mini strokes") happen suddenly and without warning, and once you start having them chances are you'll have them all your life. I have personally attended to third parties killed and maimed by sufferers having attacks while behind the wheel; If your summation of his condition is accurate and if he was my patient I would already have written to the DVLA advising them that he is medically unfit to drive.
John U.K.
Scan/photograph and post up the PCN, both sides. See instructions here
http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=36858
Blank out your name and reg.no. and PCN no. BUT leave in location, times, contravention details.
Add any photographs you may have (especially of the signs) and a link to Google Street View of the location.

"I appealed on his behalf and today was told it was declined as they now want evidence to substantiate the reasons for the contravention and ask for medical evidence of his condition in support of the circumstances if we want them to look at it again."
If this was in writing also post up your "appeal" and the Council's written reply, blanking out your personal details.
If it was a telephone conversation(s) then Tell us precisely the dates and times and persons/department you spoke to on each occasion, with as much of each conversation as you can recall while it is still fresh in your mind.
At the minute, it's all fresh in your mind, we only know what you have told us so far.

Once you've posted the details, more experienced members of this forum will get back with advice and questions.

While you are waiting for the experts to chip in, you might like to read this thread through
http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=83442

P.S.
"but I am beyond rage at such a callous attitude to a man who is very ill,"
Calm down, take a deep breath, and have a cup of tea" smile.gif They are a very helpful lot here!!
Neil B
Everything John siad, and do please post the documents as he suggested.

This may help you >> http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=36858

For editing, ignore pixlr (imo) and you'll find Windows 'Paint' in your PC -- or, if not techy, obscure your personal details by manual means.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.