Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car accident, third part left scene
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
o202
Hi,

I've just had my neighbours pop round to let me know they witnessed a car reverse into mine then drive off. Unfortunatley they didn't get the reg no but they did have a description of the car and driver, and since it's numbered parking (flats) the space they were parked in.

There's minor damage to my bumper and it's knocked one of my fog lights out of it's housing.

I've had a read through my insurance policy and understand I need to notify my insurer however they advise if I don't want to claim off my own policy there's not much they can do without the VRN.

I'm just wondering is it worth reporting this to the Police (assuming the guy parks back up in what I presume to be his parking space)?

Just a bit annoyed the driver didn't bother to stop and just buzz and let me know they'd bumped my car.

TIA
o202
mrh3369
Yes, report it.
sgtdixie
As long as you realise that there is probably nothing the Police can do it does no harm. That way if you see the driver/car again the Police will have an existing report to hang any investigation on.
The Rookie
As SD says without a VRM this will go nowhere, but report it and if you can then get a VRM, add it to the report.
o202
QUOTE (sgtdixie @ Sun, 8 Jun 2014 - 12:46) *
As long as you realise that there is probably nothing the Police can do it does no harm. That way if you see the driver/car again the Police will have an existing report to hang any investigation on.

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Sun, 8 Jun 2014 - 13:10) *
As SD says without a VRM this will go nowhere, but report it and if you can then get a VRM, add it to the report.

Cheers for the advice, have reported it to both my insurer and the Police - Hopefully the guy just comes home and owns up to it, no harm done then
crashdetective
Try Ed Balls, c/o Houses of Parliament.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.